Slow Dance Song Help Needed

rmncwrtr

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know someone who was really into Vietnam protests 40+ years ago. She was one of those really special people that you rarely meet: hearts as big as their brains. Competent climber and amazingly beautiful as well.

She knew many of the prominent East Coasters into protesting... The Berrigan Brothers, Paul Stookey, etc etc. Before it was turned into the #1 hit of all the ages for all times or before it had been recorded, her friend Paul, who had written this song and was then playing in a band called Peter, Paul and Mary, played this for her and her husband to be at her wedding.

Classic: [video:youtube]gPnQuzdgFXs

I get chills.

I think you could do Ritche, and it's timeless and classic. True slow dance songs.

Oh Dona: heartbreaker and soooo perfect for that special slow dance. The Los Lobobs version is even better.

[video:youtube]b6h5Z7hFxI4

Another Classic Ritche VAlens passion play: We Belong Together.

[video:youtube]SPNcJhEYH0A

My wife and I have a couple as well not quite as good:

The one played at our wedding by my buddy Paul who could hit the 12 string as good as Paul Stookie.

[video:youtube]8BCAw6ufCbU

Live version of John Denvers Annies Song. The recorded version was better, but I didn't find it, LOL. [video:youtube]HkGS263lGsQ

Thanks again everyone :) A special thanks and :kisss: to Bill C whose Ritchie Valens suggestions led me back in time to where I found the perfect song from 1961 for the slow dance. It's also been covered by UB-40 which I may use in the last scene of the book. Still need to write that!

[video:youtube]LFSfdL5lPoY

I polled your two of your readers and they said "Chris de Bergh, Lady in Red"

Thanks, G-spotter. Though I'm not sure how you found two of my readers. Anyway, I love that song, but I think I used it in an earlier book. Not 100% and I don't have time to check to make certain, but that's what my best friend danced to at her wedding and I usually try to put little things like that in books for the friends I know buy them as surprises. It always gets me a phone call or at least an email from them, too.

Plus my heroine's in a green dress, and it really has to be green. Now if she'd been in red, I probably would have used it whether I'd used it before or not. It was suggested early on in the thread and listened to as a possible choice.

If the above makes no sense, I'm sorry. I've been writing pretty much all weekend. Still not done. And it looks as if they want to move the book's release up a month so I must finish by tomorrow.

I'm liking this thread cause I can listen to so many songs in one place. Okay, break over.

I heard a virsion of "Smoke Gets In Your Eyes" That song cuts deep! i believe it was a Platters Song? But i've alway Put on some Chis Isaac when in the wee hours with a chilled bottle of MUMS, dem lights and a nice or naughty woman!!If songs like "I Want To Fall In Love" don't close the gap between you Its not going to happen! I think the song was by McCann Lila but have not heared it! If you get a chance to see Chis Isaac,Do But leave the kids at home in the double wide,for he's fucking funny live!!!!