TNF Northwind single wall alpine tent $250

Fromage

This tent is a few years old, North Face only made them for a brief period. It isn't the lightest one out there, but it accommodates tall dudes better than any other single wall except those wonderful old Garudas. This model is not free standing, but it has lots of stake-out points and guy lines. NOTE- this tent has 2 doors! A rarity on today's single wall tents.

I only used this once on a 6-day winter climbing trip in the North Cascades, and it held up really well in the wind. Ventilation is good, condensation was not an issue. Setup is simple- three different color poles slide into three different color sleeves. I don't have a photo of the actual tent, but here is a stock pic from the interwebs. Imagine one just like this that has only been used on a single trip.

product_78585.jpg

I have 4 tents, of which 3 are single wall, and since this is the heaviest I'm selling it as part of my personal economic stimulus package. These things retailed for close to $600 ($715 in 2008 dollars), so this is a reasonably good deal. For those of you who need more length than a Bibler Eldorado or ID MK, this tent will give you plenty of room to stretch out.

For your shopping convenience I am leaving this tent in the sale corner at the back of Feathered Friends. This way you can stop by at your convenience to check it out and we don't have to consult our crackberries to coordinate schedules. FF is open weekdays 10-8, Sat 10-6, Sun 11-5. If you have any questions you can send me a PM. I will also ship this tent to addresses in the lower 48 at the buyer's expense (I'll take PayPal or money order).

Peace out, Napoleon.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have removed this tent from Feathered Friends, so if you want to check it out we'll have to make a plan to meet up.

Alaska season approaches. I don't check this board so often anymore, so please send me an email if you are interested:

njbratton AT hotmail

Cheers.