First black president of the USA... not really

sobo

That's where the black guy in the Mercedes always gets pulled over for not turning on his turn signal, when he knows he in fact did. That would suck so hard after like the 3rd or 4th or 20th time....

Couliar, thanks for the one drop rule link. Thanks god most of our countrymen are far past that now. I'm so grateful to know our new president is ample evidence of where our country is, where a discussion of issues of importance, and not race, matters to most.

We're getting there..... keep hope alive! (spoken in a rev Jesse jackson voice with an exclamation mark on the end:-) )

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couliar, thanks for the one drop rule link...

Bill-

Just to clarify, it was Squid, not Couloir, that posted the one-drop rule link.

I would have instantly noticed if it were Couloir, trust me... ;)

Marcin-

Thanks for the "DWB" definition. That's a new one on me.

Does one's race equal the race of one's parents? With independent assortment of alleles white parents can have black children and vice versa. I know a fair skinned hispanic couple who's little bundle of joy turned out to be noticibly darker skinned than either of them. What your ancestry is and how you come out looking are not always the same thing. Race can be fairly subjective.

mixed-race-twins.jpg

What is the race of the above twin girls?

OMG they're adorable Zod. Good point. Spent Obama election evening with a dark skinned Black woman who's late husband was Norwegian. Her kids are all good looking, and not too far off your picture. Her first born has Nordic red hair and African/American lips. Pretty damn exotic and way different in a young 27 year old woman, close to Norwegian looking but not....quite. Then the 2nd is currently dating a real African from Ghana, and while she looks black or African-American to us, she looks white to them (big status symbol in the village evidently).

When half Japanese-white kids go to Japan, the Japanese unerringly think they are white, while here, folks perceive the same kids as Japanese. The whole race thing is pretty confusing and pointless at times I suppose. Unless you're the "Golf Champion", then there is not a question of what your real media title is:-)

Hey Sobo, nice catch - sorry: Squid! I meant! Thanks Squid Dohh!

BTW, anyone catch this neo-Nazi bullshit in Germany today? link

Says: "....statements made by Juergen Gansel, a deputy in the Saxony state legislature for the far-right National Democratic Party of Germany, against Obama's election as the first African-American US president.

In a statement from his office entitled "Africa conquers the White House," Gansel said multicultural America sought the destruction of "pure" national cultures and that Obama aimed to destroy the United States' "white identity."

"A non-white America is a declaration of war on all people who believe an organically grown social order based on language and culture, history and heritage to be the essence of humanity," he said.

More hope and more change are evidently still needed under a few rocks here and there.

That's where the black guy in the Mercedes always gets pulled over for not turning on his turn signal, when he knows he in fact did. That would suck so hard after like the 3rd or 4th or 20th time....

Couliar, thanks for the one drop rule link. Thanks god most of our countrymen are far past that now. I'm so grateful to know our new president is ample evidence of where our country is, where a discussion of issues of importance, and not race, matters to most.

We're getting there..... keep hope alive! (spoken in a rev Jesse jackson voice with an exclamation mark on the end:-) )

Um...blacks drive Esplanades. Or Escalades. Everglades? Anyway, Cadillacs.

"A non-white America is a declaration of war on all people who believe an organically grown social order based on language and culture, history and heritage to be the essence of humanity," he said.

see what i'm saying? i try to listen but all i can hear is:

blah, blah, blah, blah - i hate n#gg#s - blah, blah, blah, blah

i mean come on, if you're gonna be an asshole, at least be funny?

BTW, anyone catch this neo-Nazi bullshit in Germany today? link

Says: "....statements made by Juergen Gansel, a deputy in the Saxony state legislature for the far-right National Democratic Party of Germany, against Obama's election as the first African-American US president.

In a statement from his office entitled "Africa conquers the White House," Gansel said multicultural America sought the destruction of "pure" national cultures and that Obama aimed to destroy the United States' "white identity."

Wow, that Gansel guy really is a Nazi.