Nice picture

Peter_Puget

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i remember gettng rolled by a monster wave off ocracoke island shortly after a hurricane hit the outer banks - somehow, after getting tossed along the bottom, ass over tea-kettle 9 or 10 times, i came to the top, utterly unable to breathe - i gasped once, then blew an entire handful of sand out of both my nasal cavities - never have figured that one out quite

my favorite simpsons' line ever was from the salty old sea captain:

"i hate the sea - and everything in it"

:)

i remember gettng rolled by a monster wave off ocracoke island shortly after a hurricane hit the outer banks - somehow, after getting tossed along the bottom, ass over tea-kettle 9 or 10 times, i came to the top, utterly unable to breathe - i gasped once, then blew an entire handful of sand out of both my nasal cavities

...was that right before The Red Hot Chili Peppers kicked your ass? :grlaf:

I think surfers are the only enthusiasts on the planet who enjoy photographing themselves more than climbers. Good picture, though. does anyone have that "big wave" video that was posted a few months back? That was incredible.

YOUTUBE: MAUI JAWS is badass but can't find 100ft wave surfing off S.Cal. that was the biggest one rode that i know of, it was last year!!

I believe the OP is Cyclops off the west coast of Australia. I didn't know it had been surfed although I think it's been boogie boarded. Surprisingly boogie boarders do some bad ass stuff.

Cyclops and Teahupoo are the crack of surfing. A big deadly rush that's over in a flash. It's like a fist that comes out of nowhere and pounds.

Here's Laird in Teahupoo

[img:left]http://www.sheilaomalley.com/archives/laird_hamilton_teahupoo.jpg[/img]