Positives of Bush

Maine-iac

Hey Matt. Difference between you and me: You talk about trying to make a difference on the internet. I get shot trying to make a difference in the World's dirtiest sand box.

Wow. We're all so very impressed down here. Because if you're not in uniform, you don't matter, is that how that goes?

"Put silver wings, on my son's chest

ta da da da!"

Thanks for losing two wars against third world foes simultaneously and blowing a trillion dollars while you were at it, big bad soldier boy.

Who lost a war bud? Last I read, violence is down in Iraq, more than 3/4 of the country is already handed over to the Iraqis.

I don't remember spending trillions of dollars. That is a lot of .556 hoss.

"Violence is down...."

....from a historical level of utter chaos to just utter chaos. That's not victory...bud. And how about that Afghanistan, eh? You somehow forgot to mention it.

Bush's wars have cost the taxpayers a trillion so far. The defense budget is pushing half a trillion A YEAR. Just because a low level peon like you didn't personally spend it all is irrelevant.

As for our 'boys in the trenches' in Afghanistan, only a very small part of that country is under coalition control; the vast majority of it does what it wants with impunity. We have no presense in Pakistan, which is where alot of the action is. Remove that small coalition force entirely and the security picture changes little if at all. Don't oversell how much you're keeping those big bad terrorists at bay. You're not.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and Pakistan is sitting on @ 50 nuclear warheads.....

Wait wait wait.....are you saying Pakistan has weapons of mass destruction? Well.....why doesnt the US just occupy Pakistan as well....take out the dictator, and say its for peace for the US? Hell...why stop there? China's leader is a real bad ass dictator....

Shrill rhetoric aside, I don't think the situation in Afghanistan/Pakistan matters much in any real sense. I'd like to see success in Afghanistan, but it's a 'nice to have', not a 'must have'.

Are you kidding me? The major kingpins of a major terrorist group hell-bent on our destruction lie on that border and you think it would just be nice to win? The only thing keeping those men from terrorizing the US is the men keeping them in holes in Afghanistan.

Back in the day Russia was being attacked by Middle Eastern groups, and they had military bases located there. Once they pulled their bases out, the attacks stopped. Ever since we have had a real presence in the Middle East we have started being attacked. Seems pretty obvious to me what is going on....

Example: If your neighbor started digging up your backyard because you had the better soil and started planting plants in your soil, I doubt you would be alright with that. It is the same thing just on a grander scale.

Invading Iraq under false pretenses, botching the job by either having no plan or a applying a neolib cookie cutter plan, forking over billions to crony corporations, facilitating ethnic cleansing then calling it victory, cutting deals with Iran to cover you ass, EQUALS "Making the world a better place", "making a difference", "doing our dirty work". You're proof positive that boot camp indoctrination works: you're a robot. Congratulations.

I think Prole is on to something....

Two posts down he includes a STFU.

Good job mate!

Let me know when you stop talking about making a difference on cc.com and start doing something constructive to do so.

You don't know Matt.

You are making a fool of yourself.

Whether or not you agree with Matt he has done more for the cascade climbing community than the vast majority of the people on this board put together.

Fuck the climbing community and your little circle jerk. Does climbing matter when there are people getting their arms sliced off in Africa? Does it matter when women are stoned in Afghanistan. Reality check Bug. Climbing matters fuck-all. It is a recreational activity; nothing more. I don't care how much pot you smoke; still just a sport.

Shrill rhetoric aside, I don't think the situation in Afghanistan/Pakistan matters much in any real sense. I'd like to see success in Afghanistan, but it's a 'nice to have', not a 'must have'.

Are you kidding me? The major kingpins of a major terrorist group hell-bent on our destruction lie on that border and you think it would just be nice to win? The only thing keeping those men from terrorizing the US is the men keeping them in holes in Afghanistan.

Back in the day Russia was being attacked by Middle Eastern groups, and they had military bases located there. Once they pulled their bases out, the attacks stopped. Ever since we have had a real presence in the Middle East we have started being attacked. Seems pretty obvious to me what is going on....

Example: If your neighbor started digging up your backyard because you had the better soil and started planting plants in your soil, I doubt you would be alright with that. It is the same thing just on a grander scale.

Are you fucking high?

W. is fairly popular in Africa for funding AIDS relief efforts.

I agree there PEPFAR was a good initiative though there was a alot of stipulation to it. Mainly in that AIDS prevention needed education in abstenance and none of the funds could be used for condom promotion. Luckily there were other organization out there that could help in that arena. Beyond that I can't think of anything else that really was good that was done by that stupid monkey.

1) Increasing aid to Africa

2) Preventing wars in India/Pakistan

3) Dealing with N. Korea/ Libya re: Nuclear programs

4) Taking out many of Al Queda's top leadership and driving them underground.

5) Reduced Farm subsidies.

6) Ousted Saddam, a tyranical dictator.

7) No attacks since 9/11/01

Only #1 and the latter half of #3 are a) true, b) attributable to Bush and c) positives. And the latter of these driven entirely by and for the interests of friends of Cheney's in the oil industry.

I agree Joseph. Aksheet, first number 1 wasn't only in Africa it include other high risk countries in Asia, number 2 yeah right that shit is still stewing only a matter time he did nothing there, number 3 are you kidding you really think they have stopped their programs, number 4 they were already underground before he was president the ones taken out have just been replaced by others, number 5 don't know anything about (I don't much about it but I do seen how farmers live and it is not like they are rolling in the cash, number 6 just wait for the next dictator to arive I am sure he will be just as nice (hopefully things will change but we really won't know for at least 10-20 years), number 7 again are you kidding, oh yeah myopic view in the states yes as bad as 911 has happened, but look at what has happened in London, what is going on in Iraq. Dude open your eyes.

He's uttered some charming quotes which create or give special meaning to such phrases as:

Compassionate Conservative

Misunderestimate

Mission Accomplished

Bring'em On

Hecku'va Job

Evil-Doers

The Decider

Blowed-up Frawgs

the list goes on.

:lmao:

You gotta admit Bushisms lent some comic relief all while the world was seemingly crumbling down.

[video:youtube]8Ux3DKxxFoM

Obama seems too sober to offer the same possibilities. Biden might have to take his place in the antics.

:lmao: That's pretty clever PC!

cid_5_2289485651_web32708_mail_mud_yahoo.jpg

LOL! Thanks!

BTW, I suspect that if we give the Bush thing a few years, sometimes distance lessens the intensity of the emotions. I saw it with Carter and Reagan...not with Nixon, still a prick in almost everyone's eyes, maybe more so now for some old die hard repubs as they start to clearly see how low his morals really were.

Are you fucking high?

No, he's pretty much right on the money. Al Qaeda issued a list of 3 demands long before 911: Remove troops from Arab soil, stop bombing Iraq, c) and stop supporting Israel. Originally, the group, before it splintered into many autonomous factions, had a very specific political agenda which did not involve anything like turning the U.S. into a caliphate under sharia.

Our presence in Iraq has grossly destabilized the entire region; most analysts, including our very own CIA, agree on that. Of course, we all know that you know better, cuz, like, myan, yer in the fuckin' FOXHOLE, dood!