Gee, ya think?

tvashtarkatena

Cuts in military spending expected

The cocaine's all gone, the house is in foreclosure, the cars are all sold, except for the three on blocks on the lawn, were burning past due bills in an old coffee can for heat, there's nothing but mustard and baking soda in the fridge, and the pitbull hasn't eaten for a month.

We're gonna have to cut MILITARY SPENDING????!!!! OH, NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

McCain's "I'll cure the budget by cutting earmarks and freezing spending on everything... except the military" was as good of an opportunity to discuss the significance of the "defense" budget as one could get, but Obama didn't say a thing about it.

Is Obama a champion of aggression and the "military-industrial complex"? That seems unlikely to me, which raises the question as to why criticism of military (and "military") spending is simply off the table.

And why is it that the neocon imperialists have been able to insist that budget cuts for domestic social programs promote efficiency and rejuvenation, while at the same time doing the direct opposite, insisting on giving as much additional money as they possibly can to the military and to private industry? It's hard to stomach that "we" have been stupid enough to tolerate such hypocrisy.

McCain's "I'll cure the budget by cutting earmarks and freezing spending on everything... except the military" was as good of an opportunity to discuss the significance of the "defense" budget as one could get, but Obama didn't say a thing about it.

Is Obama a champion of aggression and the "military-industrial complex"? That seems unlikely to me, which raises the question as to why criticism of military (and "military") spending is simply off the table.

And why is it that the neocon imperialists have been able to insist that budget cuts for domestic social programs promote efficiency and rejuvenation, while at the same time doing the direct opposite, insisting on giving as much additional money as they possibly can to the military and to private industry? It's hard to stomach that "we" been stupid enough to tolerate such hypocrisy.

Apparently you've forgotten about the "Asian hordes" and "the Bear" that are rearing their ugly heads on our borders and threaten our American way of life. We're one small step away from enslavement by the barbarians!

...about $4700 per tax paying household in 2007 on average, to be exact. If I had that in my hand, an invasion of Iraq is the first thing I'd buy....

Of course, that's what we PAY in taxes...not what we actually OWE. THAT number is way, way, way larger.

Thanks, turdfuckers!

Edited by tvashtarkatena

McCain's "I'll cure the budget by cutting earmarks and freezing spending on everything... except the military"

More than anything else, McCain's "spending freeze" idea (if you could call it an idea) to me represented the say-anything-to-get-elected feature of his candidacy. It was pure pandering to mental defectives. Perhaps he was trying to pry back the Paul Ron contingent.

The cocaine's all gone, the house is in foreclosure, the cars are all sold, except for the three on blocks on the lawn, were burning past due bills in an old coffee can for heat, there's nothing but mustard and baking soda in the fridge, and the pitbull hasn't eaten for a month.

It's all Clinton's fault. If he hadn't gotten that BJ, let Saddam acquire weapons of mass destruction, and bombed Bosnia, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

It's all Clinton's fault. If he hadn't gotten that BJ, let Saddam acquire weapons of mass destruction, and bombed Bosnia, we wouldn't be in this mess today.

Im sorry. Which are the weapons of mass destruction? Where have you been for the past seven years, fuck-nut? :lmao:

[

Ya know, Joe, There are bigger problems with the government... Ya know, as a plumber, you know the pain we both have of having to place a P-trap after 5 feet of any indirect waste arm. WTF!!! What a joke!! The inspectors around here require it! Why? The floor sink has it's own P-trap... This is just stupid that I have to trap an indirect waste because it's over 5' long when there is a trap in the receptor fixture....

Can you fix this? Thanks!

Frikadeller-the-Plumber....