the celebration w/ the inlaws tonight has thus far consisted of:

- several cigs

- 4 1.5 liters of wine!

- 1 order of salmon red curry

- 1 order of red pumpkin curry

- 1 order of halibut ginger curry

- 1 order of spicy aspargus curry

- several bars of dark chocholate

everything seems quite here in suburbia! :)

I'll be trying to get front row tickets to the war crimes court sessions.

Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Gonzalaz, Rice, Rove. Betcha' they sing like canaries when they're water boarded.

using the power of the government to prosecute your political enemies will not, in the final measure, yield you a positive result :(

Its amazing what happens when a smart, serious, competent, and honest person comes along, fights for, and wrests the presidency from the brainless zombies. The last guy with all of those qualities was Ike, I believe. People actually want to be a part of it.

I'm celebrating because I've got the country I love back. It will no longer be run by ideological cretins who have nothing but distain for what I believe, the Constitution, the wellbeing of most Americans, and the health of the planet we depend on, and our national honor and integrity.

Yay.fckn.life indeed.

Plus, as an added bonus, that lying sack of fuzzy dogshit Rossi went down big, as well. Hopefully, that will be the last we see of his whining, moronic sad puppy dog ass.

Jebus, the other stuff, too: Death with Dignity, Transportation. F'n Christmas morning, I tell ya.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I was at Prost last night for Obama's acceptance speech and, right when it was over, the bartenders lit off with Springstein's 'Born in the USA' at volume 11.

Contrast that with McCain's concession speech audience booing the newly elected 44th president of the United States. McCain was saying we should all come together, and they were booing. A real class act, those folks. Fortunately, the camera crew subtley lightened it up a bit by zooming in on the Sarah Palin lookalikes in the audience (70's cheerleader pulled back hair, rectangular glasses, a substantial overburden of cheap makeup). There were quite a few. BEEOOTIFUL.

USA! USA! USA!

I was watching election returns with some friends in a Capitol Hill apartment when a parade went by on Pike Street outside. We went out and joined in a march to the Pike Place Market with a couple hundred of our best friends. It was quite an exciting scene with jubilation and spontaneous chants "yes we can" and high fives from drivers stuck in the swarm. I didn't think Seattle had that kind of excitement in us. Seattle police did well to try to contain it but not to intervene.

I thought John McCain showed a lot of class in his consession speech last night. It was nice to see and is the kind of "leadership" the country needs. This fine American just missed his time for the presidency. Timing is everything.

Now, I think the question is, are we going to follow President Elect Obama, Sen McCain and others who will try to bring this country together to solve the enormous issues before us?

Will we individually walk the walk? Disavowing rhetorical opportunists, starting today by asking ourselves what we can do for our country, not what our country can do for us?

Count me in, I'm up for that.

d

I think the country has been ready to pitch in for some time. The problem is that the current administration's message has been "If you're not with us, you're against us." With their train wreck agenda, that left the smarter half of the country saying to ourselves "Um...FUCK YOU. We're defininitely not with you wanting to drive the country over a cliff while making what few friends you have even more hyper-rich." I've spent too much of the last 8 years fighting an agenda, rather than working for one.

Finally, we can join in with some inclusive leadership we can believe in at the federal, not just the state and local level. We can watch a president who can actually speak English in complete sentences, who can consider a whole idea, even several, in a critical fashion, who does not embarrass us, and who does not believe that Jesus probably rode T-Rexes. We no longer have to argue the details of mediocracy and lackluster performance; whether he got a C or C- average in college, just how much or little he blew off his national guard service, or how badly or not so badly he'd screwed up the organization's he'd been in charge of. Finally, an organized, focused, articulate, ethical and intelligent guy who has an unbroken track record of finding a way to be successful at what he takes on.

Given the challenges we face today and the character of the man, I predict Obama will become one of the top 4 greatest presidents of our history who guided us through our most troubled times, along with FDR, Washington, and Lincoln.

It's a really good day today.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I think the country has been ready to pitch in for some time. The problem is that the current administration's message has been "If you're not with us, you're against us." With their train wreck agenda, that left the smarter half of the country saying to ourselves "Um...FUCK YOU. We're defininitely not with you wanting to drive the country over a cliff while making what few friends you have even more hyper-rich." I've spent too much of the last 8 years fighting an agenda, rather than working for one.

Finally, we can join in with some inclusive leadership we can believe in at the federal, not just the state and local level. We can watch a president who can actually speak English in complete sentences, who can consider a whole idea, even several, in a critical fashion, who does not embarrass us, and who does not believe that Jesus probably rode T-Rexes. We no longer have to argue the details of mediocracy and lackluster performance; whether he got a C or C- average in college, just how much or little he blew off his national guard service, or how badly or not so badly he'd screwed up the organization's he'd been in charge of. Finally, an organized, focused, articulate, ethical and intelligent guy who has an unbroken track record of finding a way to be successful at what he takes on.

Given the challenges we face today and the character of the man, I predict Obama will become one of the top 4 greatest presidents of our history who guided us through our most troubled times, along with FDR, Washington, and Lincoln.

It's a really good day today.

Politically Correct or not, I do not beleive anyone but an African-American could have brought so diverse a constituency together.

It truely is a great time to be alive!

More specifically, I beleive that Obama has inspired people of minorities to re-evaluate their stake in our country and its politics. He set the bar as high as it goes and acheived it.

The race is over. I am talking about how we will get there from here. I remember my mother, who was raised in south Chicago, crying at the end of Martin Luther King Jr's "I have a dream" speech". I asked her "why?" and she said it was because she was so tired of the hatred and anger that she was raised in. And that she "WISHED" that MLK could see his dream come true but had little hope. She cried bitterly when he was assinated. She never spoke of politics again. Literally.

I am going to call her today.