Display Upgrades

jon

I haven't seen that. I would recommend that you give Firefox a try. Its a quick download, its my browser of choice. There are other options too. Try accessing the site in Firefox, and if you have the same problem PM me and we'll figure it out. If others are having the issue in IE I can take a look at it...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would install firefox. I have very limited exposure to Vista but I will tell you it is a hog, and makes a laptop run so hot that you will likely burn out your hardware quicker then if you were running XP.

We are still having some problems with the ads which I have tried to address with Google, but have yet to resolve. I'm not sure if this has to do with one particular ad or more globally with Google, but I'm personally getting sick of it as I'm sure you are. I'm working on it and I assure you I will find a solution even if it means removing them.

I'm going to start by blacklisting some of the google advertisers, both because I think their ads are crappy and break our site, and more importantly they are running an unfair and unsustainable business model that is hurting our local retailers. Online retailers that offer 30% off on everything are breaking their contracts and in the end screw everyone over. Please please please support local retailers especially ones that have been supporting us for so long. I remember us losing a lot of retailers in the 90s and we are poised to have the same happen again unless we rally behind them.

So, I got rid of the avatars

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!1

PS: The cursor-dropping-to-the-ads-at-the-bottom-of-the-page thing still happens quite a lot.

And that embedded quote function fuck-up is still present and still aggravating.

• 2 weeks later...

Sobo The cursor-dropping-to-the-ads-at-the-bottom-of-the-page thing still happens quite a lot.

Olyclimber-I would recommend that you give Firefox a try.

I was afflicted by this phenomena until I took Oly's advice:yoda: and switched to Firefox. Problem solved.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We have gotten rid of the google ads after the first post, we were doing that as a little experiment. Over the next couple months we will be doing gradual upgrades and rolling out some new stuff so if anyone experiences any wonkiness let us know.