Wealth Redistribution

Lars

At dinner tonight my server had on a "Obama 08" button, giving me an idea. When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need, the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight. I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful. At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

:laf:

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

At dinner tonight my server had on a "Obama 08" button, giving me an idea. When the bill came I decided not to tip the server and explained to him that I was exploring the Obama redistribution of wealth concept. He stood there in disbelief while I told him that I was going to redistribute his tip to someone who I deemed more in need, the homeless guy outside. The server angrily stormed from my sight. I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy was grateful. At the end of my rather unscientific redistribution experiment I realized the homeless guy was grateful for the money he did not earn, but the waiter was pretty angry that I gave away the money he did earn even though the actual recipient needed money more. I guess redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in practical application.

:laf:

LOL, thanks for the laugh Lars! :lmao:

Ah Lars, you're fine example of your political subset. It's a clever bit, it made me smile, but you neither did it nor wrote it, you simply cut and pasted an endlessly plagiarized story circulating around the web and passed it off as your own experience. Sort of like Ronnie Reagan and the mythical Cadillac driving welfare queen who never existed.

So wow...the waiter (and you, big spender) both make over 250K a year?!! Congrats! Prepared to be taxed.

...but Biden said it was $150 K. But then again, Obama said $42k not too long ago. We'll see what the actual numbers are I guess.

can you point out your sources, besides your ass? i don't see how returning to tax brackets from Reagan's era is such a bad thing?

So wow...the waiter (and you, big spender) both make over 250K a year?!! Congrats! Prepared to be taxed.

...but Biden said it was $150 K. But then again, Obama said $42k not too long ago. We'll see what the actual numbers are I guess.

I have been watching TV and reading several newspapers and periodicals and I have not seen anything but the 250K bracket.

Please enrich us with the source you are quoting.

Oh, and quoting something Palin claims Obama said is NOT an Obama quote nor does it reflect anything on the Obama platform. It is just another lie.

I have been watching TV and reading several newspapers and periodicals and I have not seen anything but the 250K bracket.

Please enrich us with the source you are quoting.

Oh, and quoting something Palin claims Obama said is NOT an Obama quote nor does it reflect anything on the Obama platform. It is just another lie.

What, you don't read the Drudge report? :lmao:

Here ya go. THAT LEFT WING DEMOCRAT RAG THE NY POST LINK

The 42,000$ was a senate procedure vote that I don't really understand but McCain and 94 other senators voted the same way.

The 250,000$ is for FAMILIES. And the 150,000$ is for INDIVIDUALS, you know folks who can't claim, dependents. But INDIVIDUALS making 150,000$ won't get a tax increase they just won't get a decrease. Of course, they won't get much of a tax cut from McCain either because they don't make enough money...

can you point out your sources, besides your ass? i don't see how returning to tax brackets from Reagan's era is such a bad thing?

Look it up

Look it up

We did.

You were WRONG AGAIN