[TR] Static Point - Lost Charms 10/26/2008

Argus

"I have not paid enough attention to really know, but I can well imagine that the decommissioning of that road might be about politics, money, and control more than it is about saving Bullhead. I'd like to know what other's may have to say about this, because my paranoid thoughts may be entirely unjust."

To Mattp from the first page,

You're not paranoid if you suspect nefarious and highly suspect decisions to be the norm in government, you're just being realistic. Remember, bureaucracy is 'Exhibit A' of The Origin of Species and Chapter 3 in particular: "Struggle for Existence". If you examine bureaucracy through this lens you will be seeing it most clearly.

Edited by Reilly

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Photos - yes, it is a nice slab area.

Read "Static Point" and "Mtg on DNR Rules" in 'The Access Issues Forum' for further discussion and information. Matt P. is not paranoid - I have first hand experience of what he says regarding the overzealous land manager. They DO need to re-read and follow their mission statement.

• 3 years later...

I agree that removing the culverts could have a positive impact on the road. I'm just saying if you're going to do it, you might as well do it right. I don't think most of these ditches are going to hold up once the rains hit. Many of them are very steep with nothing growing on them. I'll be interested to see what they look like next spring.

Now it's 2012, and four years later and the 21 steep-sided ditches are holding up well. I just wish we climbers could get a crew together to cut trail beds down the faces of many of these ditches. It's a minor annoyance to trudge up and down during dry conditions. It's downright nasty hiking out in a downpour. It's nearly impossible to access the beautiful south facing rock when there's snow on the ground.....