ice climbing partners

kevin_page

i am looking for somebody to explore the lilooet area with. i've been climbing since 1981 beginning as a solo mountaineer in the olympics thru rock rat winters in j tree and living in the valley before becoming a father and householder in b'ham that interrupted most climbing aspirations until the early 90's. since i've lived a year in boulder and 5 in leavenworth. i am now on orcas island mostly kayaking and dreaming of the next trip to canmore for ice climbing which i've done each of the past 2 years. there is nothing to climb here and nobody that i've heard of to go with so am putting out hopes of meeting some partners thru this website. i've done some of the standard snow/ice moderates in the cascades, ne face forbidden, n. face shuksan, n. ridge baker, liberty ridge etc. as well as rock routes in the sierra, bugaboos, cascades. i've lead trad rock to 5.11a, nothing against sport routes, my waterfall ice trips have been with my girlfriend where i lead a wi 3 and she follows then we go ski-touring. so i have'nt got my system down yet for hanging out to place screws on anything harder. i do have the head for it attained thru 200+ alpine routes, soloing rock to 5.10. my first water ice experience was wi 5 tr with mtn. axes, no problem climbing. i've since acquired full rack of screws etc. i'm hoping to hook-up with somebody of similar experience more or less. my schedule is flexible, have a party to go to tonite but can leave tomorrow kind of thing. also do alot of tele skiing!

------------------

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Hi, I have the month of December off and would like to go ice climbing midweek. Probably Lillooet but also Banks Lake or Leavenworth if they are in. Been ice climbing 4 years. I've done the N Ridge of Baker, the N Face of Maude, the N Face of Chair (Winter). I would say I could only lead up to WI3 at this point, but I've climbed WI4 on TR. I have twin 60m ropes and 6 screws.

I am also wanting to go BC skiing if it snows in December (I'm on AT Gear) - I am pretty fit and teach level 1 avy.

Edited by waterboy

I live an hour and a half from Lillooet, in Hope, and I am planning on several trips up there this winter. I'm off work lots, weekdays mostly, the occasional weekend. I have twenty years climbing experience. I also have a nice little assortment of gear for ice/mixed. And a rather nice assortment of rock gear too. Loads of stuff to do up here and always keen to get out. Also if anyone needs condition reports from a first hand view let me know, glad to help.