Hey short guy

ams

I want to get some snowboarding pants for my sweetie for his bday. He has short legs and burly thighs and it seems like things either fit over them and are too long, or don't fit but have the right inseam length. Anybody have suggestions on brands that work well for the short and burly guy? He's usually a 29x29 if that helps. I'm not worried about budget as long as they fit him and he'll get a few years out of them. Thx for your suggestions!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The extra length should only be an issue when not wearing snowboarding boots. I always just wore a belt. Are these to be used with other boots as well? Mountaineering/ backcountry?

I'm around a 32" waist and 29" inseam. I just bought some Patagonia Alpine Guide softshell pants and they fit well. Just roomy enough. I'm not sure if that's what your looking for. General purpose ski/mountaineering stuff tends to fit a little better than snowboard specific or park ski style stuff which is designed to have the waist below the ass and the crotch at the ankles.

seems like things either fit over them and are too long,

Thats how its supposed to be..its nice to have the cuffs over over the high backs, and who cares how much extra is bunched up.

You definitely dont want to have a climbing pant for snowboarding!!

Okay, I'll check those out. Last year I got him some Ibex softshell pants for alpine, which are sweet pants, but were too narrow in the leg for him. I'd like to avoid that this year. He's not into the park style so I'll look for more of the general activity than snowboard specific pants.

• 1 month later...

I ended up getting the Cloudveil RPK pants. I finally took them out of the box because it's his bday this weekend. They're really well made, and I think they'll perform well. They match his old snow boarding pants when I hold them up; plenty of room in the leg for burly thighs. The Cloudveil site lists them at $395. They're currently on sale at sierratradingpost.com for $140. Cha-ching! If anyone's thinking of getting snowboarding pants now that we're finally getting some snow I would definitely recommend these.