[TR] Colfax Peak - Cosley-Houston 10/19/2008

Farrgo

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a shot of the hard route, just in case anyone is wondering:

IMG_4372editedsmall.jpg

You can see the party on the Cosley-Houston to the right. The leader is on the upper pillar.

Here is the full-res version so you can figure out pitches and screw placements ;)

www.cascadeclimber.com/misc/colfax/IMG_4372editedlarge.jpg

:)

ARRRRGH! We were just ahead of you, planning on that route, but we chickened out, the start looked sketchy, on the way down , we passed you, & I saw your tools & said to myself " they're gonna do it!"Nice, stout, way to rally! now I feel like a major wimp!! I'm goin back for it now!

ARRRRGH! We were just ahead of you, planning on that route, but we chickened out, the start looked sketchy, on the way down , we passed you, & I saw your tools & said to myself " they're gonna do it!"Nice, stout, way to rally! now I feel like a major wimp!! I'm goin back for it now!

The start was fun. The two cruxes were stout for an old man (me) in early season shape.

Go get it!

Oh, and I keep forgetting to say- we had one picket and it was quite useful. I rarely carry one any more, except on low-angle glacier routes, but we used it at the belay below the 2nd crux and as a running piece on the pitch above.

That thing has been climbed at least once more this season than has been reported here. Followed footsteps on the walk-off... Definately a picket could be used on each pitch, beats ice tool belay. Given the good weather, I anticipate a cc.com blitz this weekend.

wow, that looks like a lot of fun! - i got to get into ice climbing. thanks for all the pics and info.

that totally sucks about jens shoes - if it was some dude, that is the lowest of low things to do - next time you may want to look into hireing a redneck in sedro-wolly to watch over your shoes with a scattergun to protect from crows, and if some scumbag brigand happens upon them, there are plenty of cracks for means of body disposal.

Edited by danhelmstadter