[TR] Prusik Peak - West Ridge 10/20/2008

Steph_Abegg

Trip: Prusik Peak - West Ridge

Date: October 18-19, 2008

Trip Report:

My sister, Booth, and I spent the weekend enjoying the beautiful brilliant larch trees in the Enchantments. With the sunny skies, we were inspired to head up the always-classic West Ridge (5.7) of Prusik Peak. We simulclimbed the route in a couple of quick pitches, and had a great day!

I've posted lots of photos (including some night photography as usual) from our weekend in the Enchantments.

http://sabegg.googlepages.com/prusik2

Prusik Peak in fall colors:

2957963530_df872e1107_o.jpg

Star trails over the Upper Enchantments:

2957120791_98a0a918d1_o.jpg

Larch trees in the Enchantments:

IMG_9486.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos, as usual. Fantastic time of year to be up there. I always look forward to your trip reports for the photos. I am unhappy to note, however, that one of the photos seems to show you camping on vegetated ground, which in a busy place like The Enchantment Basin seems to me a very unfortunate practice.

I am unhappy to note, however, that one of the photos seems to show you camping on vegetated ground, which in a busy place like The Enchantment Basin seems to me a very unfortunate practice.

Unfortunately, melting hoarfrost during the sunny day turned the usually great camping at the head of Gnome Tarn (which you can see in the first photo above) into a sodden mush...hence, the poor backcountry edicate....sorry....