Climber injured after fall on Mt. Hood

SandPounder

03:51 PM PDT on Sunday, October 19, 2008

By ADRIANE HORNER, kgw.com Staff

A man climbing near the 10,000 foot level of Mt. Hood fell and was injured on Sunday afternoon.

AP photo

Mount Hood is shown as the sun sets in this Jan. 29, 2007, file photo from Portland.

The man was with his climbing partner when they both fell 300 feet near the Hogsback area on the south side of the mountain.

The 39-year-old injured climber was reported to have a head injury and was in and out of consciousness.

An off duty firefighter who was climbing nearby was able to assist the injured man while another climber called 911.

Members of the Clackamas County Reach and Treat team were dispatched to assist the injured man and bring him back down the mountain for treatment.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There sure were a lot of rescue people around T-Line yesterday afternoon, amazing how so many are willing to come to the aid of one guy.

My son and a friend had just descended from the weekly walk-up to Crater Rock around 4pm, said he saw one guy yelling words unintelligible uphill, had no idea what events transpired until we all returned to the T-Line lot.

Only saw 4 TV crews around, canvassing the crowd, looking for interviews...

if i had a dollar for everytime i took a dumbass fall like this...

Now now, be careful, you know what often happens right after a person is caught saying something like that.... :grin:

actually i don't remember

i DO remember gary hart challenging the press to catch him cheating and, BLANG, the next day they nailed him though :)