Obama sucks as a candidate to be president-the why

billcoe

I'm going to have to agree here. I'd love to amputate the southeastern U.S. and set it adrift. Let those kooky cultists win the Civil War finally. Good riddance.

If years in the saddle = competence, then why is Gramps getting his ass handed to him by The Kid? Seems to me that if Gramps was so much more competent, he'd be winning, no?

But, alas, he's not. So, what Bill is saying, essentially, is this;

"Hey, I REALLY fucked up my campaign in just about every way one can, in contrast to my opponent, who has done a superb job despite his few years in politics, but if you elect me I promise I'll suddenly stop being an assclown and become a GREAT president!"

The solution, of course, for the 'confused voter', is to vote for someone who isn't even running anymore.

At least the Naderites are protest voting for a guy who's still in the race.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, ok other than the unfortunate end to Lincoln's Presidency, can you tell me "what happened"?

660,000 troops killed in an unnecessary war--along with an unknown number of southern civilians. Cities burned to the ground by a marauding general. Habeas Corpus suspended. Newspapers closed at gunpoint. Editors arrested. Slavery abolished? Yea right--in all but 4 northern states. Federal troops massacring civilians by the hundreds on the streets of New York. And even through all of this...still time for his troops to annihilate native Americans out west.

Uh, ok other than the unfortunate end to Lincoln's Presidency, can you tell me "what happened"?

660,000 troops killed in an unnecessary war--along with an unknown number of southern civilians. Cities burned to the ground by a marauding general. Habeas Corpus suspended. Newspapers closed at gunpoint. Editors arrested. Slavery abolished? Yea right--in all but 4 northern states. Federal troops massacring civilians by the hundreds on the streets of New York. And even through all of this...still time for his troops to annihilate native Americans out west.

0klulko.jpg

"I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. ... corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed."

— U.S. President Abraham Lincoln, Nov. 21, 1864 (letter to Col. William F. Elkins) Ref: “The Lincoln Encyclopedia”, Archer H. Shaw (Macmillan, 1950, NY)

So, its ok for George Bush (you've said you are a supporter of him) to send our troops into an unnessecary war, suspend basic civil rights, etc.

Lincoln didn't really start the civil war did he? If my history is correct, the confederacy was in place by the time he was elected. Confederate troops troops fired upon and took hostages at Fort Sumter. Did Lincoln and his policies directly effect the transgressions for which you accuse? Fact is the war was well on its way to being over when he was assassinated.

So, its ok for George Bush (you've said you are a supporter of him) to send our troops into an unnessecary war, suspend basic civil rights, etc.

Lincoln didn't really start the civil war did he? If my history is correct, the confederacy was in place by the time he was elected. Confederate troops troops fired upon and took hostages at Fort Sumter. Did Lincoln and his policies directly effect the transgressions for which you accuse? Fact is the war was well on its way to being over when he was assassinated.

No one died during the attack. (One heart attack victim during the abandonment.) The fort was in South Carolina--CSA territory.

This makes the top five in your wealth of ignorant statements.

Which points do you contest?

Which points do you contest?

Remember your context; that these things which happened at that point in history were Lincoln's fault because of his inexperience. And oh by the way, have you a response for the unnecessary war comparison between Bush and Lincoln? You seemed to imply that Lincoln got us into an unnecessary war and that was a bad thing, but somehow still believe that the War Bush got us into was necessary, but even if it wasn't it's still not bad?

Others have noted, but the first major presidential appointment McCain made was to pick Sara Palin. The decision he made really makes you question his judgment since once elected he'd have to make a ton of other appointments.

I don't care much for Republicans, but there clearly are a bunch of other Republicans (female and male) already in office with a lot more experience and a lot of better records kept on them.

Like it or not McCain's age puts him at a much greater chance of dying in office. If that happened then we'd have President Palin.

Even Colin Powell (a long time republican) is for Obama. A lot of people both democratic and republican respect him.

Here are two links where he explains his decision making process.

Hang on to your guns and your free media. They're going to be under assault for at least the next 2 years if Obama wins.

free media was very nicely dismantled by your own GWB, there is nothing left to assult

It's also important to note Obama's comments regarding trade with Colombia during the last debate. FARC and their prime benefactor, Chavez, are going to be partying in the jungle on inauguration night and the good people of Colombia will get to look forward to another 70,000 dead in the name of "justice".

Chavez is from Venezuela you moron. different country. thanks again to gwb, who manages to resurrect soviets. maybe we should be talking about main issue- trade with communist china? why don't we talk about 526 billions of dollars in budget surplus under clinton turning into 1.18 trillion budget deficit under bush. let's start. you just keep repeating the same shit. you are lacking both the knowledge and intelligence.

I'll be the first to salute the man if I'm wrong

yeah, right. you might start with gwb, economy national security. you were wrong every time, but you never admit that you commie shit.

anyway, there is a sign "pigs for sale" visible from a bridge on h-wy 2 towards I-5.