stretch element vs. others...

sklag

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely love mine! Have beaten the shit out of it for two seasons, and yet no snags/tears/wear spots. At purchase it was down to the SE and the Alpha SV. Alpha SV was heavier, and felt stiffer with less ventilation options, opted for the SE and never looked back. Have never experienced any issues with water repelency or ventilation/breathability.

I have the Stretch Latitude and I really like it. It has yet to allow water all of the way through even though its primary use was as a rain jacket. I found that it breathed quite well, mind you I tend to sweat a tad less than some, if I got hot skinning I would just unzip it all the way. The pit zips are nice, although as with most zips they don't actually do a whole lot. The hood fits a helmet great, but because of that, not very well if you don't have on a helmet. So far the only annoying thing I have come across was I got a grain or two of sand stuck in the bottom part of the zipper, so I couldn't actually get the jacket zipped up. It was a mad rush to get the sand out before the rain hit, because I could see it coming! Overall I suppose it was worth the 300 I spent.

that's awesome! um, I'm just curious about the patagonia proprietary membrane and how breathable it has been for you? How do you use the jacket (skiing, climbing, etc...)?

Breathability is as good as Goretex XCR, haven't used eVent so can't compare to it. The jacket has both pit zips and venting Napoleon pockets so I haven't had a problem with ventilation. I use the SE for in- and out-of-bounds snowboarding, splitboarding and ice climbing.