interesting workout

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a workout that lasts 24 hours (especially Rugby) there are a few major concerns: first rugby can be dangerous even if you are functioning at your top level, but when you work for an extended period of time, your energy stores are going to become depleted (both in individual muscles and systemically) are your coordination is going to suffer. Additionally, your alertness and decision making abilities are going to suffer both from overactivity and from lack of sleep. And finally, overuse injuries (which most athletes function on the edge of anyway)can very easily rear their heads. But hey it's your body.

Uh, WHY? And who organized this workout? Sounds like someone who's already participated in a few other 24-hour stints. Now an ultra-distance event, or car-to-car climb I can understand, but I'm with nervedoc on this one, as the above two examples are dependent on your own efforts, without compounding things by adding 1) other people, and 2) lots of contact. Doesn't sound like such a good idea to me... But again, WHY?