Palin's to-be son-in-law HS dropout

Gary_Yngve

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1131ap_palin_wasilla_heartthrob.html

he decided to drop out of HS to pursue an electrician apprenticeship in the middle of nowhere Alaska

wtf?

this just shows even more how retarded abstinence-only education is, and how much of a problem teen pregnancy is. it severely limits people's potential because they aren't becoming as educated.

in the same article, it mentioned he didn't register to vote in time.. how UNAMERICAN is that? where is his sense of civic duty?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnston didn't register in time to vote, according to the Mat-Su Division of Elections Office in Wasilla. But he's still rooting for John McCain and Sarah Palin.

"I just hope she wins," he said. "She's my future mother-in-law. She better win."

She better win or else what?

Johnston didn't register in time to vote, according to the Mat-Su Division of Elections Office in Wasilla. But he's still rooting for John McCain and Sarah Palin.

"I just hope she wins," he said. "She's my future mother-in-law. She better win."

She better win or else what?

Or else he won't get to star as Jethro in the new version of the Beverly Hillbillies with the Palin's playing the Clampett's.

Edited by prole

his vote could be the make or break for the Alaska vote for McCain/Palin

Everyone I know who lives in AK thinks Palin is a twit. An ambitious twit, but a twit nonetheless. A lot of Alaskans simply can't stand her.

Well except the one guy I work with who grew up in Wasilla and went to HS with Sarah Palin, but he seems a little starstruck at the moment. :rolleyes:

As for Levi dropping out of HS and not registering to vote, well, that's a "private family matter" since they are Republicans. Imagine if Barack Obama's kids were involved in such hijinks, and well, I think things would be different.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/national/1131ap_palin_wasilla_heartthrob.html

he decided to drop out of HS to pursue an electrician apprenticeship in the middle of nowhere Alaska

wtf?

this just shows even more how retarded abstinence-only education is, and how much of a problem teen pregnancy is. it severely limits people's potential because they aren't becoming as educated.

in the same article, it mentioned he didn't register to vote in time.. how UNAMERICAN is that? where is his sense of civic duty?

sounds like he's on the republican presidential training track to me...what's the problem??

on another note, Gary, you are a complete douche bag...

IMO most Phd's are completely useless in the real world (why, a prime example of this are the fucknuts physicists and mathmeticians who modeled the sub prime derivative schemes)...

on another secondary note, since when is a trained electrician, or any other trade, been defined as "uneducated"?

Gary...you're a douche...

Edited by RuMR

on another secondary note, since when is a trained electrician, or any other trade, been defined as "uneducated"?

Nothing wrong with going into the trades. When you need a plummer nothing else much is gonna help. Wish I had been a plumber.

IMO most Phd's are completely useless in the real world (why, a prime example of this are the fucknuts physicists and mathmeticians who modeled the sub prime derivative schemes)...

I didn't realize that the subprime lending market and its derivatives were a result of physics. :confused:

higher education completely falling on its face!

"60 Minutes looked at one of the selling documents of such a security with Frank Partnoy, a former derivatives broker and corporate securities attorney, who now teaches law at the University of San Diego.

"It's hundreds and hundreds of pages of very small print, a lot of detail here," Partnoy explains.

Asked if he thinks anyone ever reads all this fine-print, Partnoy says, "I doubt many people read it."

These complex financial instruments were actually designed by mathematicians and physicists, who used algorithms and computer models to reconstitute the unreliable loans in a way that was supposed to eliminate most of the risk.

"Obviously they turned out to be wrong," Partnoy says.

Asked why, he says, "Because you can't model human behavior with math."

"

Edited by RuMR

I didn't realize that the subprime lending market and its derivatives were a result of physics. :confused:

pyramid.gif

higher education completely falling on its face!

"60 Minutes looked at one of the selling documents of such a security with Frank Partnoy, a former derivatives broker and corporate securities attorney, who now teaches law at the University of San Diego.

"It's hundreds and hundreds of pages of very small print, a lot of detail here," Partnoy explains.

Asked if he thinks anyone ever reads all this fine-print, Partnoy says, "I doubt many people read it."

These complex financial instruments were actually designed by mathematicians and physicists, who used algorithms and computer models to reconstitute the unreliable loans in a way that was supposed to eliminate most of the risk.

"Obviously they turned out to be wrong," Partnoy says.

Asked why, he says, "Because you can't model human behavior with math."

"

haha, crazy. I had no idea. thx for the link

complex financial instruments were actually designed by mathematicians and physicists...

"Obviously they turned out to be wrong," Partnoy says. Asked why, he says, "Because you can't model human behavior with math."

Nice try bitches, but the only "mathematicians and physicists" who end up in finance are the failures and charlatans. Real "mathematicians and physicists" would be the first to tell you that market psychology has absolutely nothing to do with the quantitative sciences that they study.

But who is stupider: the pretenders claiming that simply crunching numbers is scientific, or the greedy businessmen and investors that bet billions on it? Where is the business sense that these people were supposed to have learned in business school?

ps. good electricians make good money

Nice try bitches, but the only "mathematicians and physicists" who end up in finance are the failures and charlatans.

No, this is the avenue for "mathematicians and physicists" to make a lot of money. And they do! Not every PhD wants to live on 45k/yr.