New climbing book

billcoe

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the last thread I ever expected to see here :o

Ah Bill, you know you have a belay slave for life now :kisss: Thanks for the plug.

And yes, I have taken things from cc.com for the book. A few people here helped me out tremendously and I owe them big time :kisss: plus there's other stuff I gleamed from the forums here ;)

And yes, as John pointed out, nothing past first base, but the kisses are kinda hot. At least I hope so ;)

And yes, I have taken things from cc.com for the book. A few people here helped me out tremendously and I owe them big time :kisss: plus there's other stuff I gleamed from the forums here ;)

And yes, as John pointed out, nothing past first base, but the kisses are kinda hot. At least I hope so ;)

Love the banter on this thread, it's seriously cracking me up. Mel, I know you give good belay, so anytime is great. However, big issue here. Nothing past first base? What is this, grade school? Sigh....guess well have to imagine the rest, like in the old days:-) Paul was on the dedication as well? Sobo isn't his real name I'll bet? Damn I do have to get out of the house more. I've ordered 2 copies for the best woman in the world in the hopes that she reads the first base stuff and decides to round 2nd, 3rd and then head for home:-) (not with Jake btw........ I'm just sayin')

Later all- :wave:

Bill

Okay there's some touching going on there, Bill. Jake might actually slide into second perhaps third base. I've already completed another book and working on a new one so I don't remember! I do remember the first kiss takes place at Timberline Lodge.

But there was a study that showed women who read romance novels have more active sex lives than those who don't so if that's not reason to buy the book, I don't know what is :grin:

I will paste the dedication here so you can figure out who might have provided inspiration for my mountain rescue hero Jake Porter.

For Portland Mountain Rescue (PMR), Central Washington Mountain Rescue (CWMR) and all the dedicated men and women who volunteer their time and talents to mountain rescue units.

Special thanks to Michael Leming, John Frieh, Mark Westman, Paul Soboleski, Lyneen Norton, Iain Morris, Steve Rollins, Keith Langenwalter, Hugh O'Reilly, Debra Ross, cascadeclimbers.com and Virginia Kantra. Any mistakes and/or discrepancies are entirely the author's fault.

Carly Bishop hasn't celebrated Christmas for six years—not since icy Mount Hood claimed her fiancé's life and left her a widow before she was a bride.

But this year, handsome Jake Porter is determined she'll enjoy herself. Jake is a mountain rescuer, big-hearted and courageous, but Carly is too scared of loving him in case she loses him. In a whirl of festive fun, sleigh rides and snowball fights, Christmas starts to weave its magic. Though it's Jake who is melting Carly's heart.

I'll buy it! :brew:

But there was a study that showed women who read romance novels have more active sex lives than those who don't so if that's not reason to buy the book, I don't know what is :grin:

I'm definitely buying a copy for my wife, then. :D

Congratz Mel! I don't normally read fiction, but will certainly make an exception in this case.

Mel, how can those of us more distant cc.com acquaintances buy a signed copy (or copies) from you?

--Steve in Spokane

Congratulations, rmncwrtr! Up til now I read that as roman critter.

Little old ladies in our nursing home still read romance novels.

I once read one by Diana Gabaldon. The sex was hot and interesting to see from the woman's point of view but the story was interrupted at the end and I wasn't about to go get the next 2 or 77 books to find how it all came out.

Carly Bishop hasn't celebrated Christmas for six years—not since icy Mount Hood claimed her fiancé's life and left her a widow before she was a bride.

But this year, handsome Jake Porter is determined she'll enjoy herself. Paul is a mountain rescuer, big-hearted and courageous, but Carly is too scared of loving him in case she loses him. In a whirl of festive fun, sleigh rides and snowball fights, Christmas starts to weave its magic. Though it's Jake who is melting Carly's heart.

I'll buy it! :brew:

Sobo, it is about you!

:lmao:

Oh, Porter. I mean Jake, Jake Porter, glad you remember that time at Timberline :kisss:

BTW, there is an Iain in the book and there was a Paul, but he had to have a name change.

Thanks all. You guys are the best. :grin: I posted on facebook that cc.com rocks last night and I mean it. I've been smiling and laughing my way through this thread. Just what I needed since I'm on another tight deadline and feeling a tad stressed.

Steve/pindude - I'll pm you. Thx!

...and there was a Paul, but he had to have a name change.

Lots of people want to forget my name after they meet me. :/

Just what I needed since I'm on another tight deadline and feeling a tad stressed.

Pour another glass of the red you served me, grab another piece of that Texas Sheet Cake, and take a load off, gurl. :tup:

...and there was a Paul, but he had to have a name change.

Lots of people want to forget my name after they meet me. :/

Haha, but used-to-be-Paul is still heroic, a hottie and breathing ;)

Thanks! I'll have to do that. But I'll be relaxing very soon! My climbing partner is making me take a much needed break from the grind and climb.

CONGRATS MEL!!!

Hey, is Jake Porter base off my 'real life' sweetie?

Can't wait to read the book! hummm... better sex life for those who read romance novels....I better start reading again! Winter is coming and nothing like a good night of lovin' to heat the sheets up!