New climbing book

billcoe

OK, assholes, please do not make fun of this. I'm serious. It's a different kind of thing, certainly not Herzog and Gaston Rebuffett, but from what I saw well written. If you are a guy, keep in mind that most of you non-gay types have women or lovers who read and love this stuff, even if you don't.

Melissa, a former engineer, who posts on CC.com as RMWRTER or some such thing (means romance writer) is about to have another book published. I saw an advanced copy and read the first page and intro and what I saw was very interesting. On the title page she dedicated the book to a few friends and helpers (John Frieh for instance) but also to Cascadeclimbers.com in general. Lists the web site right there by way of a thank you. Now, if you don't like this kind of thing, I'm fine with that because I have not read any romance novels either. Yet, I should say -haven't read any yet. However, my wife does. You might consider pre-buying a few in time for Christmas for your mom, partner or significant other, and let them know that you know the author.

It's a climbing romance story about handsome "Jake Porter" (I'm sure this is fictional and has nothing to do with any other Porters or Jakes on this site:-), and a blossoming romance with a young woman who had lost the love of her life while climbing Mt Hood years earlier. It is available pre-order off Amazon right now. Melissa found CC.com when researching this book when the Mt Hood tragedy became news, and then she fell in love with climbing herself. She's been a great socializing force for good around here in PDX in the brief time she's been part of the community.

I'd like to urge you all to support this wonderful person and buy one or more of these books. They are available pre-order off Amazon.com right now. If you ask nicely I'm sure Melisa will sign it for you:-)

Take care all!

Link to Amazon click here

2 1 point Summation for the slow of mind

1st) hold the snarky comments. :ass:

2nd) Buy the book !

:lmao:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, assholes, please do not make fun of this. I'm serious. It's a different kind of thing, certainly not Herzog and Gaston Rebuffett, but from what I saw well written. If you are a guy, keep in mind that most of you non-gay types have women or lovers who read and love this stuff, even if you don't.

Melissa, a former engineer, who posts on CC.com as RMWRTER or some such thing (means romance writer) is about to have another book published. I saw an advanced copy and read the first page and intro and what I saw was very interesting. On the title page she dedicated the book to a few friends and helpers (John Frieh for instance) but also to Cascadeclimbers.com in general. Lists the web site right there by way of a thank you. Now, if you don't like this kind of thing, I'm fine with that because I have not read any romance novels either. Yet, I should say -haven't read any yet. However, my wife does. You might consider pre-buying a few in time for Christmas for your mom, partner or significant other, and let them know that you know the author.

It's a climbing romance story about handsome "Jake Porter" (I'm sure this is fictional and has nothing to do with any other Porters or Jakes on this site:-), and a blossoming romance with a young woman who had lost the love of her life while climbing Mt Hood years earlier. It is available pre-order off Amazon right now. Melissa found CC.com when researching this book when the Mt Hood tragedy became news, and then she fell in love with climbing herself. She's been a great socializing force for good around here in PDX in the brief time she's been part of the community.

I'd like to urge you all to support this wonderful person and buy one or more of these books. They are available pre-order off Amazon.com right now. If you ask nicely I'm sure Melisa will sign it for you:-)

Take care all!

Link to Amazon click here

2 1 point Summation for the slow of mind

1st) hold the snarky comments. :ass:

2nd) Buy the book !

:lmao:

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Melissa helped out this year with the kids ropeup!

Thats some funny stuff there. As a MAN I don't read romance novels, but I'll trust that the studly Jake Porter was solely based on my posting here on cc.com! :laf:

Anyway, if you all keep your negative comments out of this thread it would be appreciated. Lets have some positive support for a member of our community.

It's a climbing romance story

OMG softcore pr0n 8D

OK, assholes, please do not make fun of this. I'm serious.

Didn't understand Bill's first sentence, huh Dru? Give the funnymaking a rest, and support the gal.

Seriously, I've never a read a romance novel, either, but I'm already up to Chapter 7.

And my book is signed and has a special dedication from Mel, so there, you wankers! :poke:

BTW, Mel said the inspiration for Jake came from me. :provoke:

is it possible to keep even one thread in a positive realm?

Porter, not that you need it or anything like that, but you have my permission to moderate the fuck outta this thread to get it back to the original intent of the OP. But I think that Mel should at least see some of this witty banter first, before it gets cleaned back up. I think she'd find it humorous.

It's a climbing romance story

OMG softcore pr0n 8D

OK, assholes, please do not make fun of this. I'm serious.

Didn't understand Bill's first sentence, huh Dru? Give the funnymaking a rest, and support the gal.

Seriously, I've never a read a romance novel, either, but I'm already up to Chapter 7.

And my book is signed and has a special dedication from Mel, so there, you wankers! :poke:

BTW, Mel said the inspiration for Jake came from me. :provoke:

I'd have to say YOU don't get it. The line between "romance novels" and "erotica" is itself a fiction. I was trapped in a logging camp in Northern BC for a week once with only a shelf of "romance novels" to read and there's more descriptions of fucking in your average "romance novel" than there is in the average Penthouse Letters. But they use more highfalutin' language in the novels.