hurt feelings

David Trippett

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ps I'm sorry about threatening to kill you all too.

Time for a group hug. No worries, but you posted that you were going to kill everyone like... 6 times? I thought you were a Canadian too. Nobody meant to hurt anyone's feelings. I suspect that some folks just feel like the massive Sharma publicity machine is too in their face and manipulative sometimes. Especially for a route that has been freed before by several others. Not to say that Sharma isn't a fantastic climber....he is for sure. He'll head up there with the Cameras and his entourage and dog the hell out of it and eventually get it free. It will make for great video and be impressive I'll bet too. I'll enjoy watching the show I can tell ya, but I like to resist that kind of manipulation, and I suspect that's what was the root of the others posts.

Truly most of us feel it's a hell of a lot more impressive when guys like you and Ben crack some time in between your busy work and family commitments and run up the West Face of El Cap in a day and 1/2 Dome in a day same trip.

Take care all!

:wave:

Jesus, did you guys think I was serious? I'm not sorry at all!

Sharma is the shit! I'll kill anyone who says otherwise.

Bill, I work maybe 3 months a year...when I'm feeling like keeping busy, If anything I should be climbing way harder...and I'm not Canadian by birth, I fled the crumbling, destitute land of my birth many years ago due to political strife. Happily, using my, heh heh, "Citizenship" I still receive large sums of grant money from the taxpayers of said country that I'll never have to pay back so that I can go on extended road trips! What a bunch of suckers eh?!

BTW... Bill how do you feel about Nosler reloads? Yea or Nay?

Sharma is the shit! I'll kill anyone who says otherwise.

(........middle removed here.....)

BTW... Bill how do you feel about Nosler reloads? Yea or Nay?

Uhhhh....well this is the internet, based on the context of your words what could possibly go wrong here? Is it me or should I be feeling suspicious :-) I really know very little about shooting stuff like Nosler reloads. Sorry David.

Let me finish and bow out gracefully by saying "Sharma is the shit!" :lmao:

Working 3 mo a year huh? Wow, I'd like a gig like that. You should be belaying Sharma. Larry belayed Dean Potter on Tombstone ya know.

• 4 years later...

A reminder to be kind to people, even on anonymous internet forums, and maybe even when they are being a dick or appear to be going through something. Everyone is battling their own demons...just a little kindness will go a long way.

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1068512

By the way, I can't recommend enough the movie about Charles Bradley....its called "Charles Bradley: Soul of America", and it is streaming on Netflix. Or either of his two albums (though his first is my favorite. Watch the movie....and if you like it buy one of his albums.

A reminder to be kind to people, even on anonymous internet forums, and maybe even when they are being a dick or appear to be going through something. Everyone is battling their own demons...just a little kindness will go a long way.

Thanks Oly, my point but better spoken. ^^ Here ya go Drew. ^^

xoxo