Sharma to attempt Nose On-Sight

David Trippett

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

no ass clown, that is not what i meant...i'm sure the guy is devastating on trad...what i meant was the sick pitches on the nose are not really trad climbs in the normal sense...certainly not like the endless sick splitters on the salathe...the hard pitches on the nose are a. fixed mainly, and b. face climbing...

take a look at any of the racks that these uberfolks are climbing with on the really hard pitches...

I'm pretty sure that the Great Roof is the crux and that there is little to no fixed gear based on the videos I watched of Tommy and Beth on it (seems to have been taken down). Lynn's description of a higher pitch involves fiddling in small stoppers.

I think it would be a notable achievement on a historic route.

Yuji and Hans are gonna be trying for the next speed record just before Chris gets on it, maybe they'll leave some cams for him. But since Chris was taking 100 foot whips regularly at Clark Mountain he can probably just cruze it out with 1-2 pieces a pitch right :grlaf:

Nice to see the Sharma publicity machine cranked up so the lad can continue to get paid - NOT. I'm still wishing him well, kid is so skilled.

My question is: how many free ascents has it seen so far?

5?

Lynn

Lynn in a day

Scott Burke * Great Roof Tr only

Beth and Tommy

Tommy in a day dual with Salathe