Washitonians do it better

mythosgrl

So i just moved to Denver, and I have gone out climbing a couple of times to some local crags. It's nice to have climbing 20 mins away, but PEOPLE BOLT CRACKS HERE AND IT MAKES ME WANT TO CRY!!!!! I think Washitonian route setters are smarter than the route setters here in CO. Sorry, i just wanted to complain a little...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you talking about that Shelf Road area? That always had a reputation for overuse of bolts.

They don't have that kind of ethic in Eldorado Canyon. That place rocks. So does Mickey Mouse Wall. I should add that getting to Micky Mouse Wall is exciting since you have to travel through 4 RR tunnels to get there. I had good times climbing there.

During my time in the Boulder area I'd climb in Eldo or up at Lumpy Ridge. That and the proximity to some great climbs in RMNP were some good things about the area.

In the end though I got sick of the place and wanted to get back to the PNW since it's way cooler.