Hey Pope and Dwainer!

EWolfe

How about posting something new? Any recent climbs? Sends? Or are you just a couple of Oldsters spraying about the past? I am 47 and and sending lots of new shit! What are you doing that inspires us? Stupid pictures and secular chuckles just don't cut it in the real world, has-beens!

Show your stuff, Internet ToughGuys! :argue:

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that how you talk to the guy who put a rope up on ROTC for ya? Is that how you talk to the guy who rated all the cracks for your U.W. Rock guidebook?

My trips now are short and close to home, mostly scrambles in MRNP that you probably wouldn't care about. I still love the hills but I love my kids more, and so they receive most of my energy and time.

But I did climb 300,000 feet on my mountain bike (no pavement allowed) in the last 11 months, and give me two weeks to get in shape and I'll bet I can climb your favorite boulder problem with a watermelon tied to my butt.

You didn't enjoy the Tum-Tum report? That speaks volumes about you.

...My trips now are short and close to home, mostly scrambles in MRNP that you probably wouldn't care about. I still love the hills but I love my kids more, and so they receive most of my energy and time...

Nice Eric...:tup:

that's pretty sweet...not throwing gas on the fire, but bob's right...just a little sport climbing fits in with little time...it really is more efficient to getting some climbing specific fitness in...and if you can't handle bolts in real rock, come to the gym...i'd tie in with you...

I still love the hills but I love my kids more, and so they receive most of my energy and time.

Big respect from me Pope. Not joking. Of the priorities in the world, raising good kids well is infinitely more important than most other things, certainly climbing. I balanced kids and climbing for many many years until the last no longer "little" one left for college last month. Although there was times I might have felt I was going mental, kids came first....as they should. I was fortunate in that my wife, many times, would say: "You need to go climb, take some time and head out for a bit". That and there's a few areas close I could get a quick bouldering session in or a few toprope laps in and home in a couple of hours or less. Probably much like you getting in a quick set of laps on your Mt Bike and then home to be the dad.

Now about Don's excuse.... :lmao:

:wave:

Take care all.

Bill

You'd be surprised how many people would enjoy a TR on one of those outings, especially with some nice pictures to go along. I know I would.

Ditto, I post some pretty lame shit. Hiking in with the wife and dogs to retrieve my rack which I just left on the ground (cough*lame*cough*) and forgot comes to mind. :-)

Bring it!

:wave:

"Rhetorical question"

"A rhetorical question is a figure of speech in the form of a question posed for its persuasive effect without the expectation of a reply. For example, "Why me, Lord?"[1] Rhetorical questions encourage the listener to reflect on what the implied answer to the question must be. When a speaker states, "How much longer must our people endure this injustice?" or "How many times do I have to tell you to stop walking into the house with mud on your shoes?"; no formal answer is expected. Rather, it is a device used by the speaker to assert or deny something."