CC.com Turns 8

jon

8 years ago today Tim and I started cc.com. With the addition of Porter the 3 of us have been working really hard to try and operate a useful resource that will always be here for the climbing community. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this site over the years. Some of the TR's that have been posted here, especially recently, have been really remarkable and honestly quite flattering that people are taking the time to share it on here. I'd also like to thank the moderators who do a rather thankless job but one that is critical.

Some people have been asked how to donate to cc.com, and now we have a slightly easier way. One of the features in our upgrade is a subscription feature that is tied to PayPal. Here is the link . Donations help fund the development of the website, but this site and all it's features will always be free and done without cramming a bunch of ads down your throat. There is one donation level as we feel any amount is important. For those who donate more then $75 we will send you a cc.com T-shirt. In a few weeks donors will have a little icon next to their names to recognize them. But honestly the best way to support this site is posting some killer TRs and useful content and help spreading a good vibe about cc.com.

As always if people have suggestions or concerns please feel free to contact us.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prior to looking at CC I new little to nothing about online forums much less posting on online forums. I saw a flier at a rock climbing gym and got curious about this online forum thing. That was a couple months shy of 8 years ago.

I've gotten a lot out of this site. :tup:

Prior to looking at CC I new little to nothing about online forums much less posting on online forums. I saw a flier at a rock climbing gym and got curious about this online forum thing. That was a couple months shy of 8 years ago.

I've gotten a lot out of this site. :tup:

Me, too. I fiddled around a little bit with rec.climbing before cc.com came online. I got an invitation to join cc.com in my inbox in December of 2000, I'm pretty sure it came from Alex (I'd just met him on Rainier 6 months earlier during the Crank Rainier 2000 project) and the rest is history.

1) I moved to the PNW one year ago and knew no one, and have been reading cc.com for 11 of those months. It has been an invaluable resource in helping me figure out how to get into the scene. A huge thank you to the founders.

2) Wayne- thanks for the awesome and inspirational slideshow at the Portland Ice Festival last weekend. I was truly impressed at the quality of the whole event, which I think was due both to the quality of the climbers involved, and the quality of this resource in bringing us all together.

Many thanks from a newbie. I'm looking forward to earning my turns and giving back as experience allows.

all you newbies won't remember, TRASK, -, Capt Caveman, Erik, Dwayner, ... so many gone. so sad

annnhh - mostly assholes, easily replaced by the latest generation of assholes

erik's complete inability to master basic concepts of spelling, grammar, and capitalization were absofuckinglutely incomparable though.

all you newbies won't remember, TRASK, -, Capt Caveman, Erik, Dwayner, ... so many gone. so sad

erik's complete inability to master basic concepts of spelling, grammar, and capitalization were absofuckinglutely incomparable though.

Indeed! :lmao:

There is nothing like cc.com. Tie my rope to a cc.commer any day, they're gonna have balls, respect for history and enthusiasm for the "worst" kind of terrain. Long live cc.com and the Cascade climbers she both molds and represents! Raising a big stein in Hansel-und-Gretel land...

Was that erik, the red-haired Baby Jesus?

Was that erik, the red-haired Baby Jesus?

yse!