Has this video been posted here already?

sobo

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This election has forced me into a complete lack of trust in everyone including all media. Only thing I can trust are my senses... My senses are telling me that MacDaddy is running with someone who may or may not have starred in a prime time drama series and “the other guy” projects an arrogance beyond anything I’ve seen since I was the king of shit. Bring out the charts Ross! Let’s see your plan. Time to dull the senses :brew:

The fact that there's financial turmoil in other parts of the world particularly in Britain and continental Europe shows that this crisis transcends the American two party system.

Look at the impacts on housing and credit in other areas. For instance, the bank Northern Rock failed in Britain and mortgage lender Bradford & Bingley is being nationalized. Meanwhile, Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg agreed to buy a 49 percent stake in Fortis NV for $16.4 billion.

While the default of subprime mortgages in the US is the trigger, the idea of moral hazard implies that investors contributed greatly to the situation as it is unfolding (if I understand it correctly). Essentially it's a crisis of confidence through lack of transparency.

Buffett warns on investment 'time bomb'

Buffett On Derivatives: 'A Fool's Game'

'Germans Know Something About Business'

"Such was the break down in trust and sense of panic that some of the most familiar names in British high street banking would not lend to each other at all or, at best, just overnight. Instead, the Bank of England had to supply tens of billions to banks who found the normal sources of funds blocked.

Unless there is a radical and government-led change in ownership, structure, regulation and incentives so that the principles of fairness are put at the heart of the Anglo American financial system - proportionality of reward and fair distribution of risk - there is no chance of the return of trust and integrity upon which long-term recovery depends."

-- I've watched the economy for 30 years. Now I'm truly scared

"The problem is, government bailouts, subsidies, and insurance aren't really helping Wall Street. The Street's fundamental problem isn't lack of capital. It's lack of trust. And without trust, Wall Street might as well fold up its fancy tents."

-- Robert Reich: Government Needs to Rebuild Trust in the Markets

Derivatives the new 'ticking bomb'

Banks are also hoarding their reserves.

Plummeting Dollar, Credit Crunch...

Classic, it's all the poor peoples' fault again! You mean they weren't going to make mortgage payments twice as high as their monthly incomes? HOW DARE THEY! THESE ARE AAA SECURITIES GOD DAMMIT!

It's just a bubble. Wouldn't it be great if everyone could just stop bitching, accept their voluntary losses, and let it go? Life goes on, no bullshit required.

...Wouldn't it be great if everyone could just stop bitching, accept their voluntary losses, and let it go?

That would indeed be great if people took responsibility for their own misguided actions. But this is Amer'ka, and it's always somebody else's fault and somebody else has gotta be blamed for all of this mess. It's how we do bid'ness here in the Land of Partisan Politics.