Grip strength.

epb

Yes. Good Mornings are dangerous! I had a client that hurt himself pretty good by not doing them properly. NOT under my supervision or suggestion though...he read about them in Arnold's Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. Which by the way is an excellent book as a reference for exercises....however the programsdo not pertin to climbers.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey courtenay, i'm a bit confused about one of the finger extensor exercises shown on bodyresults:

quote:

For the third, fill a large cup or mason jar (something with an inverted lip so the cup or jar won't slide off your hand) with water, leaving room to submerge a hand. Open hand in jar so fingers extend outward against jar walls and do a "reverse farmer's walk".

does this just mean that you hold a weighted object using the pressure of your fingers pressing outward on the inner wall of that object? and walk around swinging your arms to make it more strenuous?

I have a few thoughts on this subject.

1) Return on training for technique will achieve greater gains than anything more than basic fitness

2) Remember the more muscle you put on from doing all these "combo" exercises like deadlift and such adds to how much your body has to pull up the wall.

3) I can hang onto a bar all day but reduce it to a crimper and we have a totally different story. Unless I'm doing a long overhanging workout I never get the forearm burn anymore.