Winter/Autumn Rainier Climb

BundledUpSurfer

I’m looking for partners for a winter ascent of Rainier. I’d also like to work up to the climb with a couple of autumn summits. I’ve climbed Rainier 4 times by 3 different routes - twice in a day, and have done many winter overnight trips in the Cascades. I have all the winter gear one could want except a beacon, which I can easily rent, buy, or borrow.

Looking for partners with adequate experience, very good fitness, and, most importantly, a lot of ambition.

David

malkind@seattleu.edu

(I live in Ballard)

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would definetly be in to try Rainier this winter. I have more rock and alpine experience than true big mountain glacier experience, but I am very interested in climbing this winter. I have done Adams twice and spent a month in the St. Elias this summer. My glacier skills are fine tuned and I am training for ice this winter.

I definitely think were on the same page. I've done many alpine scrambles (Mt. Adams, Sahale Peak, Mt. Buckner, Dragontail Peak etc.) and have recently broken into technical climbing. I just lack a solid group of partners who also desire to step their game up. I have the necessary winter gear, knowledge, and a strong ambition to climb just about anything in the winter, rock, ice, big mountain, ski mountaineering routes etc. I've got no issues with alpine bivvies on high icy ledges or single push marathons. I'm in great shape and hope we can get together!! -Josh

I am planning on doing Rainier this winter again, but not by any of the south side routes. As for me:

Looking for partners with adequate experience - yup

very good fitness - uh, how about good enough fitness?

and, most importantly, a lot of ambition - especially while I am sitting behind a computer

• 3 months later...

I'm in. Looking to expand my circle of climbing partners. I check the weather daily in search of a window. I have a habbit of sending text/e-mails out to the group a few days ahead of time. work travel is thinning the herd.

Curious about winter climbs of Rainier sans south side routes - hows the aproach?

Cheers,

frankrpage@yahoo.com

My partner and I will be up Feb14th- Feb22nd in search for that illusive presidents day weather window! Send me a PM if yall are going to be up there. Maybe get a poker game going after a hard day of trudging about? Even combining forces to make a larger team would be worth considering. Anyhow hope to see some of you up there! Good luck and happy trails.

~cheers~

Austin S

Hey all,

I'm new to WA, and have some experience rock climbing, but none "alpine" or glacier. But I am a very fast learner, easy going, and can get along with just about any one. I have lots of book knowledge of glacier and alpine travel, but I know thats not as good as field experience. I am very motivated to get out and learn, while loving the experience. I don't have any of the technical gear for winter climbs, but I have plenty of cloths and could get my hands on everything else. Let me know about any opportunities to get out and climb with any of you. Thanks for the consideration!

~Spencer Peck

Hey, lookin for the same here. My climbing partner got in a bad accident and wont be able to climb this winter. Lookin to do rainier in the winter. Have done it in the spring and summer but am chasing that winter asscent. Best way to contact me is via my cell.

Look forward to talking to some of you

Brandon 206-940-1652

Hi all,

I have recently moved from Southern California where I did lots of alpine climbing. I submitted Mt. Whitney (14,505 ft), Mt. Langley (14,042 ft), University Peak (13,589 ft) and many other peaks over 10,000 ft. I have some experiences with winter climb too and have some winter gears. I am very into to Mt. Rainer and another high mountain around here. I am looking forward to any chances to hike up there. Please contact me if you want to know more about me and consider me as your partner.

Thanks,

yo,

not working too much this winter looking to climb pretty much whatever whenever. ambitions run rampant on a keyboard eh? could be talked into a winter ascent of ranier. current project is a winter ascent of the north face of shuskan in a day. had plans last weekend and got hosed out of the one decent weekend weve had for snow ice routes round baker. keep me in the loop

dustin