Palin Replacement Betting Pool

Skeezix

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take Friday, October 10.

Announce Friday afternoon, and by Monday next maybe nobody will have noticed that the campaign signs say McCain/Lieberman.

I suppose stranger things have happened and Lieberman has stumped for McCain. Seems believable but aren't there hurdles to jump before this can happen? Lieberman ran as an Independent but isn't he still officially a Democrat (Independent Democrat)?

Announce Friday afternoon, and by Monday next maybe nobody will have noticed that the campaign signs say McCain/Lieberman.

Won't happen, not the least of which is these people never admit mistakes:-)

Same for Obama Biden, but that was spot on the money a good choice for Barak IMO. Nobody is changing horses in the middle of the stream. Even Honest Abe knows that, ask McClellan.

1-54.jpg

Won't happen, not the least of which is these people never admit mistakes:-)

Same for Obama Biden, but that was spot on the money a good choice for Barak IMO. Nobody is changing horses in the middle of the stream. Even Honest Abe knows that, ask McClellan.

1-54.jpg

I agree with Bill. Even if they believe they made a mistake in choosing her, I doubt they will dump her now. They don't want to admit a mistake this big. Then who will vote for him? If he can't make up his mind on an issue such as who should be his VEEP then what else is he going to flip flop on? If he does swap out now, he'll lose it for sure.

BTW, has anyone notice that McCain has completely gone Obama crazy lately? He's copied Obama's 'change' message for his campaign slogan, and all he talks about now is Obama; very little about his own proposals.

He's really reaching, too. Yesterday I heard him claim that he'd exhibited leadership because he stayed in Washington while Obama 'called in' during the crisis negotiations. Aside from this being a real stretch, John also failed to mention that, despite having waved a written copy of the bail out plan on front of the TV cameras on Monday , he claimed on Tue that he hadn't received a copy and so hadn't had a chance to read it (3 whole pages worth). He issued his remarks on the plan on Wed. OK, John, any time you wanna fucking delay the resolution of a national crisis for 2 days, you just let us know. It also seems that his injection into the negotiations (an initial deal was already struck before he ever got to Washington to 'show his leadership') did nothing but fuck things up.

More than ever, McCain is revealing his true nature. He's basically a scamming, self aggrandizing asshole who has little to offer regarding economic policy; which is what this country needs most, of course.

I'd say he's in a completely defensive position right now, and he's not playing rope-a-dope, either. It'll be very nice not to have to listen to his high pitched reaching, or his VP's nasal Wasinglish, or look at his wife Vampira anymore.

Why would McCain replace her?

After all, she's a genius irt energy policy. According to him, she "knows more about energy than probably anyone else in the United States of America."

Plus, she's a foreign policy guru. After all, she is the governer of a state right next to Russia!

Besides, he really, really likes her: "She's a partner and a soul-mate."

Maybe she can help keep track of how many houses he owns, or help him locate the Iraq/Pakistan border. :lmao:

Six Pack

The train wreck that is this woman keeps on chuffin'.

Hewitt asked Palin her reaction to the “extreme hostility” that she has faced from liberals.

“Oh, I think they’re just not used to someone coming in from the outside saying you know what? It’s time that a normal Joe six-pack American is finally represented in the position of vice presidency, and I think that that’s kind of taken some people off guard, and they’re out of sorts, and they’re ticked off about it,” she said.

Sure, what better place for small town, substance-abusing simpleton representation than the #2 position in the country? After all, these are important problems we gots. And hopefully she'll appoint uncle Roscoe and cousin Cletus to attorney general and secretary of state. Don't y'all think it's about time?!?