The Debate

prole

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't Obama explain the reason he reneged on his personal pledge to accept public campaign financing?

How about calling up your new poster boy Stephen Harper, and asking him about some of his pledges? Start with his position on taxing income trusts; then maybe see how he feels about prime ministers playing manipulative games with election timing rather than, say, setting fixed dates for elections and sticking to them? Ask him how he feels about prime ministers offering high profile opposition MPs inducements to cross the floor - in exchange for cabinet posts, particularly. He feels really strongly about that one, or at least he did, for a short time. In fact, your new poster boy is a two-faced, lying hypocrite who never met a principle he wouldn't discard in a heartbeat in favour of blatant expediency.

But then, two-faced, lying hypocrites will always get a free pass from you, as long as their biographies identify them as "conservative" two-faced, lying hypocrites, won't they?

Oh my. You sound bitter. I'd better adjust the tension on my reel.

Why didn't Obama explain the reason he reneged on his personal pledge to accept public campaign financing?

How about calling up your new poster boy Stephen Harper, and asking him about some of his pledges? Start with his position on taxing income trusts; then maybe see how he feels about prime ministers playing manipulative games with election timing rather than, say, setting fixed dates for elections and sticking to them? Ask him how he feels about prime ministers offering high profile opposition MPs inducements to cross the floor - in exchange for cabinet posts, particularly. He feels really strongly about that one, or at least he did, for a short time. In fact, your new poster boy is a two-faced, lying hypocrite who never met a principle he wouldn't discard in a heartbeat in favour of blatant expediency.

But then, two-faced, lying hypocrites will always get a free pass from you, as long as their biographies identify them as "conservative" two-faced, lying hypocrites, won't they?

Oh my. You sound bitter. I'd better adjust the tension on my reel.

:lmao:

It all comes down to who you believe. I do not believe McSame will be a better leader. I do believe Obama. He smoked McCain in all three debates. He has a much cooler head and temper and is worlds apart in intelligence form McCain. I believe McCain to live in fantasy land. “Nuclear power”……boy that is really what a terrorist would love to place there eye on. I do not believe nuclear power is the way.

It all comes down to who you believe. I do not believe McSame will be a better leader. I do believe Obama. He smoked McCain in all three debates. He has a much cooler head and temper and is worlds apart in intelligence form McCain. I believe McCain to live in fantasy land. “Nuclear power”……boy that is really what a terrorist would love to place there eye on. I do not believe nuclear power is the way.

Yes, let's get rid of our guns & other deterrants so the bad guys won't take them away from us.

Then lets all wear wear T-shirts saying "I'm not armed, please don't hurt me".

He smoked McCain in all three debates.

Hardly ... they both sucked. A couple of months ago KZOK had a comedian on the Bob and Tom show who compared this election to having to cut off your leg ... the only choice you have is whether to cut it off above or below the knee.

They are both poster children of a defunct, good ol' boy, two party political system in dire need of a real strong third party challenge.

It all comes down to who you believe...

It all comes down to that for uninformed boneheads like yourself who don't vote according to facts. It all comes down to some other heretofore unexploited emotional cue that will sway the millions of undecided voters left in the country who to vote for. They may have to wait until they pull the curtain closed and play eenie-meenie with the levers. Shut up if you don't have a real reason for voting.

Hardly ... they both sucked. A couple of months ago KZOK had a comedian on the Bob and Tom show who compared this election to having to cut off your leg ... the only choice you have is whether to cut it off above or below the knee.

They are both poster children of a defunct, good ol' boy, two party political system in dire need of a real strong third party challenge.

People say the same tired shit during every election season.

It's all so very BORING, isn't it?

If only we had a strong third party, and, and, like, really cool flying cars, that, like, run on empty beer cans, and, and....

We've got the world we've got. Get used to it, get off your whiny fucking ass, and do something about it within the confines of the reality you were dealt.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I believe McCain to live in fantasy land. “Nuclear power”……boy that is really what a terrorist would love to place there eye on. I do not believe nuclear power is the way.

Actually, dumbfuck, it's you who lives in a fantasy land. Obama is just as pro-nuclear as McCain, and congress is already leading the charge on this issue with our without John and Barack. Nuclear energy IS our future. But we have to stop all those terrorists from bombing the hundreds of nuclear plants that are CURRENTLY in service before we build new ones, right? Fuck you're stupid.

Finally, an election with educated voters - it's heartening to know that the general electorate is this informed -

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

Yes, if only the little people were as witty and clever as myself...and there was a third party, and beer can fueled flying cars. If only these conditions were met, and if I didn't have this broom handle occupying most of my lower colon, I might actually deign to arise from my Soaring Hearts futon, gently set my steaming cup of green tea down, and consider contributing a few moments of my extremely valuable time to the political process. But it's all so BENEATH me, you know? It is to laugh!

Finally, an election with educated voters - it's heartening to know that the general electorate is this informed -

http://www.bpmdeejays.com/upload/hs_sal_in_Harlem_100108.mp3

Yes, if only the little people were as witty and clever as myself...and there was a third party, and beer can fueled flying cars. If only these conditions were met, and if I didn't have this broom handle occupying most of my lower colon, I might actually deign to arise from my Soaring Hearts futon, gently set my steaming cup of green tea down, and consider contributing a few moments of my extremely valuable time to the political process. But it's all so BENEATH me, you know? It is to laugh!

:tup: That sure sounds like the typical Democrat elitist who insists on the high level of voter awareness in their party.

Yes, let's get rid of our guns & other deterrants so the bad guys won't take them away from us.

Then lets all wear wear T-shirts saying "I'm not armed, please don't hurt me".

Are you implying Obama wants to get rid of our guns?

Your right. Honor is none of those things. Neither is it going back on campaign promises before you are even elected. There is only one thing in either of these candidates that tells me anything at all about their character at all: Spending 5 years in a POW prison without losing honor. Other than that, these are just two politicians wrestling for a seat in the oval office and a slice of history.

Funny, at least one fellow POW thinks McCain lost his honor there.

Nuclear energy IS our future.
But that's such a narrow vision. Together with all of that Clean Coal, we'll just glide into the future on these wings of clean and limitless energy. Treehuggers, earthhumpers, and fishkissers alike rejoice! :moondance:

It's alright though, if that doesn't work, then we can just eat our babies when the military-industrial complex starts demanding that U.S. agriculture produce nothing but biodiesel (or ethanol, or what have you) to fuel the war machine. (Hopefully we'll have done away with those "women's rights" once and for all by then.)

ps. I apologize in advance for the absence of profanity and personal attacks in this post. sickie

I believe the children are our are future

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside

Give them a sense of pride to make it easier

Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

Everybody searching for a hero

People need someone to look up to

I never found anyone to fulfill my needs

A lonely place to be

So I learned to depend on me

I decided long ago, never to walk in anyone's shadows

If I fail, if I succeed