The Debate

prole

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biden came across like a used car salesmen to me. It looked like a lot of bad acting promising change. We hear that every election. Don’t promise me change without a plan and don’t make up a plan without advise from your cabinet. I don’t want to hear about a plan for ending a war before they sit down with all the players. Palin did better than expected, but that doesn’t mean anything when everyone expected a train wreck. Both of these candidates leave a lot to be desired. I want to see a debate between the candidates entire cabinet potentials. That's where your policies and decisions are mostly made. The President and VP are just targets for rotten vegetables when shit goes bad... Take a look at their friends... that’s who they will likely pull into their folds to build their cabinet. So who’s got the most corrupt pack of friends?

Biden's got 36 years serving this country admirably. He's known in Washington as a straight shooter by both sides of the isle and the pundits. If he came across as a used car salesman, I'd say the problem is clearly with the observer here.

You can't sit down with all the players or your non-existent cabinet to end the war before you get elected, you fucking idiot. To follow your advice would be to say nothing, which may work for you (although you seem to say alot of it), but it doesn't work for a candidate or the American people. If you intend to end the war if elected or push a health care plan (um, OBama and Biden ARE in congress, so, like, they know something about that stuff already), it's helpful the let the voters know about it.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

In addition, the arguments foisted here, such as this one, defending the GOP regarding this legislation or that conveniently fails to mention our massive debt and deficit; a major factor in America's confidence in the economy, the availability of credit, and the government's complete inability to do anything substantive about it.

I don't need to click on any fucking link to inform me what the result of that has been, thanks.

I agree with that, tvash, but if you want to have any kind of real discussion you have to look at the other guy's argument. TomTom, in a Peter Puget sort of way, was trying to make a point.

Matt- it is hard to predict how things are going to develop in the future. Subsequently to 1999 bill there were a few more, in 2001 and 2003 pushing things further along. like allowing for "no document loans"- a loan based purely on the credit score. i don't think these loans were intended in Glass-Steagall for a good reason- people lie. then came along Gramm-Leach act. Interesting is that Gramm is on McCain's economic advisory board. Do we need to say more? That double standard retard was busy undoing every safeguard in the economy in the past 20 years and now he was one of the main lobbyists for the bail-out! it's strange factcheck forgets to mention that.

This administration had 8 years to monitor and correct the situation. they chose to deregulate even further instead. the are an utterly failure in every aspect. from national security, complete depletion of the military, failure to capture binladen, foreign policy, monetary policy, immigration reform, and ending with the economy.

How eloquently put tvass.

Obviously you can't sit down with all the players. That's my point. If you're looking for advice in my post, then look at the people close to the candidates like I said. The people they do business with. I'm not saying either VP candidate is worse than the other. I’m saying they’re both less than desirable.

I see your point with some of your post but it kind of takes away from your points when you correspond like an asshole.

I'm not saying either VP candidate is worse than the other. I’m saying they’re both less than desirable.

palin is a populist puke. it's hard not to recognize it. like her bullshit answer regarding russia. she is simply not intelligent enough to comprehend the issue. hardly a surprise considering fact, she travelled outside on the us 1 time in her lifetime and lives in AK.

I agree with you, glassgow. Factcheck was biased in their attempt to be even handed. Reading that piece TomTom linked, I could only think of Arianna Huffington's line: "equal time for lies." Maybe they are not lying so much as trying to remain credible with readers from both left and right, but it adds up to the same kind of B.S. we heard about their being a debate about global warming for so many years after it was clear there was no debate.

I think they both leave a lot to be desired. But I do think Biden is the lesser of two weevils.

Wow. You don't see that she's a complete barbie doll? Would she really be only slightly worse than Biden or even on the same scale? I don't want to be completely rude here but REALLY?

I think they both leave a lot to be desired. But I do think Biden is the lesser of two weevils.

Wow. You don't see that she's a complete barbie doll? Would she really be only slightly worse than Biden or even on the same scale? I don't want to be completely rude here but REALLY?

It's kind of hard to imagine not seeing a huge quality difference between Biden and that thing from AK.

Wow. You don't see that she's a complete barbie doll?

It's kind of hard to imagine not seeing a huge quality difference between Biden and that thing from AK.

You sound like high school football cheerleaders. Partisanship, in part, in suporters as well as potential leaders, drops perceived I.Q.s by more than twenty points.

You sound like high school football cheerleaders. Partisanship, in part, in suporters as well as potential leaders, drops perceived I.Q.s by more than twenty points.

If you think only a cheerleader could see the difference between Palin and Biden, what does that make you? Waterboy at the Special Olympics?