Palin Witchcraft Video

prole

20% of humans have a mutated gene? this is *proof* of evolution? what kind of testing did they do on the humans from 100 years ago to get that data? how about the humans from 150 years ago? how did they test them? sorry for being so vague, but i have not read the articles and you didnt give me much to go on to research said articles myself.

i'm sorry, but i don't believe that out of nothing, there was a big bang (where did the material come from that caused the bang?), that created the known universe, where part of it just happened to form into this planet, that just happened to be close to a sun to provide just the right combination of light and heat. then all this formed into a world where out of the slime something happened to create life, that eventually crawled out of the ocean, eventually became a monkey, that eventually became human.

it seems to me that it would take much more faith to believe that than it would take to believe in a God who created it all.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20% of humans have a mutated gene? this is *proof* of evolution? what kind of testing did they do on the humans from 100 years ago to get that data? how about the humans from 150 years ago? how did they test them? sorry for being so vague, but i have not read the articles and you didnt give me much to go on to research said articles myself.

i'm sorry, but i don't believe that out of nothing, there was a big bang (where did the material come from that caused the bang?), that created the known universe, where part of it just happened to form into this planet, that just happened to be close to a sun to provide just the right combination of light and heat. then all this formed into a world where out of the slime something happened to create life, that eventually crawled out of the ocean, eventually became a monkey, that eventually became human.

it seems to me that it would take much more faith to believe that than it would take to believe in a God who created it all.

Exhibit A for why homeschooling might not be the best model for American education.

hey rumr,

when did i day that they were real? or did i say that he believes in it, repeatedly?

ttk

people like you say over and over again how intolerant and ignorant christians are? come on man, who is being intolerant and ignorant? i am a christian with a christian worldview, therfore you automatically dismiss anything i have to say. this is proven by the fact you have repeatedly (not just in this thread) stated that i have said things i have not said. you make assumptions out of ignorance what i believe and assign them to me. but since i believe in God, i must be stupid! That is what intolerance is! and i am not the intolerant one here!

and what kind of experiement supports the *theory* of evolution? i know that scientific theories are not not proven, that is my whole point!

Well, you said you knew what witchcraft and sorcery were and would recognize them...kinda implies that you know something about them/believe in them...

what do you have to answer that shows the earth is the biblical age? N O N E other than the bible...

where as, i can point you to phsysics, with measurements of light years that show light is arriving to earth from millions of years ago...

where as, i can point you to isotopic decay showing rocks several million years old...

where as, i can point you to fossilized records...

where as, i can point you to evolution occuring in species that have short breeding cycles (for instance, anti-biotic resistant microbes)

I'm sorry, but you have very little to support *your* theory other than faith...i've got a lot more "concrete" observations...i don't want my kids learning some stupid ass fairy tale...

Edited by RuMR

Exhibit A for why homeschooling might not be the best model for American education.

OMFG!!! I just sprayed my coffee all over my monitor...

All Christians are alike and all atheists are alike.

That seems be the primary assumption at work here.

Like I said to Tvash, there is ignorance and intollerance on both sides of this arguement.

Reading through this thread, I see a lot of christian bashing and beleif bashing. It's nice to be an american and not have to consider other cultures. Witchcraft etc is very real to some people outside the US. They have nothing else to turn to.

There are even LOGICAL reasons for them to store their cultural knowledge in that form. But that is a separate arguement.

I have not heard any christians here standing up for Palin. Am I wrong?

I certainly hate the thought of her being elected but brace yourselves. She has the same appeal as Ronald Reagan who ruled from naptime.

GW is another example of figurehead leading.

Palin is REALLY SCARY because she might get elected due to that charisma but she would manage directly and that WOULD be scary.

But in reality, GW is going to suspend the elections until this economic crisis is over.

Meanwhile, PLAY NICE!

hey rumr,

when did i day that they were real? or did i say that he believes in it, repeatedly?

ttk

people like you say over and over again how intolerant and ignorant christians are? come on man, who is being intolerant and ignorant? i am a christian with a christian worldview, therfore you automatically dismiss anything i have to say.

I've dismissed what you have to say on evolution not because you're Christian, but because you're an ignorant moron who clearly doesn't know what he's talking about but keeps on talking about it anyway.

Not faith, just a little education and the ability for you to turn your religious filters off long enough to at least absorb some basic information so that you can (try) to refute it intelligently. Try getting off your intellectually lazy ass, put your fucking Bible down for a few minutes, and read something that's been written on the subject in the past, oh, say, 75 to a 100 years. And if you know nothing about a certain subject, which is certainly the case regarding evolution and cosmology judging by your postings, please just STFU. It's impossible to debate topics like cosmology or evolution with someone as ignorant as you are because you don't even have enough of the basic prerequisites, or even the basic terminology, under your belt to discuss it at even the most rudimentary level.

We've been here on this BB before with other ignorant Christians such as yourself, so don't fantasize that you're coming up with any arguments we haven't heard before multiple times. Your ignorance and unwillingness to absorb very basic information is just not our problem.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Like I said to Tvash, there is ignorance and intollerance on both sides of this arguement.

Reading through this thread, I see a lot of christian bashing and beleif bashing. It's nice to be an american and not have to consider other cultures. Witchcraft etc is very real to some people outside the US. They have nothing else to turn to.

There are even LOGICAL reasons for them to store their cultural knowledge in that form. But that is a separate arguement.

I certainly hate the thought of her being elected but brace yourselves. She has the same appeal as Ronald Reagan who ruled from naptime.

Palin is REALLY SCARY because she might get elected due to that charisma but she would manage directly and that WOULD be scary.

But in reality, GW is going to suspend the elections until this economic crisis is over.

Meanwhile, PLAY NICE!

You see what you want to see, here, Bug. What you're seeing is ignorance bashing, not Christian bashing. As the Buhddists say, ignorance is the root of all evil, and we should all be intolerant of it. And as for my ignorance, I assure you, I'm as well versed in Christian philosophy as you are. But you're still a Christian so you've got to play for your team. We understand that, but don't even remotely pretend like you're in a position to pontificate above the fray.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

No bug, i'm sorry...witchcraft is not real...anywhere on the planet...

2+2=4 just about anywhere...you really wanna argue facts vs. bullshit? :rolleyes:

Get over your ignorrance and reread what I said.

Your ignorance is revealed by your unwillingness to recognize the value of different beleifs in other places.

Reread what I said because I did not anywhere say that I beleived witchcraft was real.

So you think we should strip them (isolated, uneducated, illiterate, without medical or social services) of the only way they have of storing home remedies, social prescriptions and tradition in general. What would you replace it with? How will you instantly convert these peoples? Go back to your couch and TV. You have not thought this one out.

Meanwhile, PLAY NICE!

You see what you want to see, here, Bug. What you're seeing is ignorance bashing, not Christian bashing. As the Buhddists say, ignorance is the root of all evil, and we should all be intolerant of it. And as for my ignorance, I assure you, I'm as well versed in Christian philosophy as you are. But you're still a Christian so you've got to play for your team. We understand that, but don't even remotely pretend like you're in a position to pontificate above the fray.

I am in the fray. It's called spray. Who here is not pontificating?

You are not in a better position to pontificate just because you were in Africa once. You obviously had the tourist bus experience.

Your ignorance is based on the assumption that you can replace a societie's norms with some scientific structure. Fine. How are you really going to pull this off?

Meanwhile, these people who beleive in witchcraft (out in the bush. I agree with you on Palin) have no other alternatives. Or are you going to list them for us?

2+2=4 just about anywhere...you really wanna argue facts vs. bullshit? :rolleyes:

Your ignorance is revealed by your unwillingness to recognize the value of different beleifs in other places.

Reread what I said because I did not anywhere say that I beleived witchcraft was real.

So you think we should strip them (isolated, uneducated, illiterate, without medical or social services) of the only way they have of storing home remedies, social prescriptions and tradition in general. What would you replace it with? How will you instantly convert these peoples? Go back to your couch and TV. You have not thought this one out.

So...let me paraphrase you...you say that witchcraft, curses and what-not hold sway in other belief systems in like say, Africa?

That's great, but this here, is the good ol' USofA and fairy tales *should* hold absolutely no sway here...

I really don't give a shit about other cultures at the moment as i see ours imploding right now and am more concerned about that...convert these people?? I'm not trying to convert anyone...I'm just sick of the sway that the religious right has over politics when it should hold about as much sway as islam, or bhuddism, or any other flight of fancy...namely, the amount of sway should be zilch...

so when i see some African witch hunter doing some mumbo jumbo pseudo religious blessing on a possible leader of this country, i kinda get all riled up, see?? So, i'm gonna like do some bashing...and maybe i'll go home and stick a pin into a barbie doll that i call palin...

Edited by RuMR

So...let me paraphrase you...you say that witchcraft, curses and what-not hold sway in other belief systems in like say, Africa?

That's great, but this here, is the good ol' USofA and fairy tales *should* hold absolutely no sway here...

I really don't give a shit about other cultures at the moment as i see ours imploding right now and am more concerned about that...convert these people?? I'm not trying to convert anyone...I'm just sick of the sway that the religious right has over politics when it should hold about as much sway as islam, or bhuddism, or any other flight of fancy...namely, the amount of sway should be zilch...

so when i see some African witch hunter doing some mumbo jumbo pseudo religious blessing on a possible leader of this country, i kinda get all riled up, see?? So, i'm gonna like do some bashing...and maybe i'll go home and stick a pin into a barbie doll that i call palin...

Why didn't you just say so?