Palin Witchcraft Video

prole

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any of you know anything about african culture? Do you know that in many parts of Africa people believe deeply in witchcraft? Do you know that in many parts of Africa, when a "witch" puts a spell or curse on someone it is taken very seriously? We make fun of them here, but in many parts of Africa, and the rest of the world, people believe in these things. They grew up with these beliefs. So, you are poking fun at this mans cultural background, not only his beliefs. If you have not been there, or delt with this, who are you to poke fun at him? When he prayed for her to be protected from witchcraft, he was doing so because of his cutlural background! He grew up around practicing witches, it is very real to him.

Where did the whole "witch doctor" thing come from? Whether or not his story about the witch in his home town is true, I do not know. I also don't know how sincere he is in his beliefs. I just think it's wrong to make fun of this without knowing about the cultural differences and beliefs that led him to pray in such a way.

So I hear you saying, "it's part of his culture, therefore its ok for him to persecute 'witches' and run them out of town".

That is bullshit. Just because he is an ignorant, brainwashed hillbilly from an exotic locale doesn't mean we should respect his beliefs. He is, in-fact, a deluded (he believes in christianity after all) thug with a penchant for egomania.

Do any of you know anything about african culture? Do you know that in many parts of Africa people believe deeply in witchcraft? Do you know that in many parts of Africa, when a "witch" puts a spell or curse on someone it is taken very seriously? We make fun of them here, but in many parts of Africa, and the rest of the world, people believe in these things. They grew up with these beliefs. So, you are poking fun at this mans cultural background, not only his beliefs. If you have not been there, or delt with this, who are you to poke fun at him? When he prayed for her to be protected from witchcraft, he was doing so because of his cutlural background! He grew up around practicing witches, it is very real to him.

Where did the whole "witch doctor" thing come from? Whether or not his story about the witch in his home town is true, I do not know. I also don't know how sincere he is in his beliefs. I just think it's wrong to make fun of this without knowing about the cultural differences and beliefs that led him to pray in such a way.

So I hear you saying, "it's part of his culture, therefore its ok for him to persecute 'witches' and run them out of town".

That is bullshit. Just because he is an ignorant, brainwashed hillbilly from an exotic locale doesn't mean we should respect his beliefs. He is, in-fact, a deluded (he believes in christianity after all) thug with a penchant for egomania.

no, i did not say that at all. it is not ok. how do you prove that someone is a witch and the cause of lawlessness in a town? you can't do it. it does happen, as it did in the early history of our country, it is wrong! I am strictly talking about his belief in witchcraft, and his praying over Sarah Palin for protection from it.

There were also no police reports on file about this supposed incident he talks about running the witch out, although supposedly the police were involved. Did any of it even happen? Or was he trying to inflate himself for others to think he was super spiritual? I don't know. Again, I was only talking about the belief system and the prayer.

That's nice. And yes, I know all about the African thing. Been there. But, you know what? This isn't Africa. And this is the vice presidential candidate for the most heavily armed country on earth we're talking about here, not some mugatu woman with a wandering eye and a goat who won't stop eating the laundry.

how do you prove that someone is a witch and the cause of lawlessness in a town?

How do you know she is a witch?

[video:youtube]zrzMhU_4m-g

I suppose it would be funnier if it wasn't so close to true.

I got better.

thats a good one! I guess if she meets those requirements, who am i to argue? :grin:

That's nice. And yes, I know all about the African thing. Been there. But, you know what? This isn't Africa. And this is the vice presidential candidate for the most heavily armed country on earth we're talking about here, not some mugatu woman with a wandering eye and a goat who won't stop eating the laundry.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Edited by prole

no, i did not say that at all. it is not ok. how do you prove that someone is a witch and the cause of lawlessness in a town? you can't do it. it does happen, as it did in the early history of our country, it is wrong! I am strictly talking about his belief in witchcraft, and his praying over Sarah Palin for protection from it.

There were also no police reports on file about this supposed incident he talks about running the witch out, although supposedly the police were involved. Did any of it even happen? Or was he trying to inflate himself for others to think he was super spiritual? I don't know. Again, I was only talking about the belief system and the prayer.

And why should we even have to care? Why is the vice presidential candidate for the United States even remotely involved with such an obvious coo coo clock? I don't give a shit what his backstory is, 2 seconds of watching his antics and any reasonable observer would conclude that the man's a loon, a charlatan, or both.

Don't know the man enough to judge him. But you are right, anyone who is going to go into politics, or anything in the public eye, should really watch who they associate with. Otherwise they may have a bunch of climbers somewhere, who do not know them from Adam, and who have nothing better to do, bashing them on their web site.

Don't know the man enough to judge him. But you are right, anyone who is going to go into politics, or anything in the public eye, should really watch who they associate with. Otherwise they may have a bunch of climbers somewhere, who do not know them from Adam, and who have nothing better to do, bashing them on their web site.

Palin_and_Party.jpg4000bc.jpg

I know what witchcraft and sorcery are. In this video I did not see him perform it in any way. What I saw and heard was him praying for her protection from it. He believes in it, and therefore he was praying for her protection from it. I have looked into this guy a little more and, I still will not judge him, but I also will agree our (potential) vp should not be associating with him like this.

I still stand by my earlier opinion based off *this video*. There is not enough info in *this video* to convict him of anything other than caring for this woman.

Prove evolution is real. There is no scientific (repeatable)proof, that is why it is still the *theory* of evolution.

Global warming, global cooling. Don't care. Do you believe the science that has been taught in schools forever about the ice ages, and the warming that follows? Who is to say this isn't just the natural warming period in between ice ages then?

But I digress, you have my apologies!

I know what witchcraft and sorcery are. In this video I did not see him perform it in any way. What I saw and heard was him praying for her protection from it. He believes in it, and therefore he was praying for her protection from it. I have looked into this guy a little more and, I still will not judge him, but I also will agree our (potential) vp should not be associating with him like this.

I still stand by my earlier opinion based off *this video*. There is not enough info in *this video* to convict him of anything other than caring for this woman.

Prove evolution is real. There is no scientific (repeatable)proof, that is why it is still the *theory* of evolution.

Global warming, global cooling. Don't care. Do you believe the science that has been taught in schools forever about the ice ages, and the warming that follows? Who is to say this isn't just the natural warming period in between ice ages then?

But can you prove evolution is fake? Or that earth isn't 3.2billion years old? When I hear people say its 8,000 Years old Or 911 was a inside job I just shake my head!! I believe in the big bang,black holes,and the event horizon!!!

Edited by pc313

witchcraft and sorcery are real?? WTF planet do you live on??? Harry Potter, my ass...fuckin' tool...its people like YOU who put people like that in office...

Oh, for fucks sake, another one of these ignoramuses whose science background covers everything up to about 1750. Fuck off and die, already. And for Christ's sake, take the time to read something current on the subject before you make an ass out of yourself about what has and has not been supported repeatably (scientific theories are not proven, they are supported by experiment, numbnuts).

Oh, for fucks sake, another one of these ignoramuses whose science background covers everything up to about 1750. Fuck off and die, already. And for Christ's sake, take the time to read something current on the subject before you make an ass out of yourself about what has and has not been supported repeatably (scientific theories are not proven, they are supported by experiment, numbnuts).

4000bc.jpg

hey rumr,

when did i day that they were real? or did i say that he believes in it, repeatedly?

ttk

people like you say over and over again how intolerant and ignorant christians are? come on man, who is being intolerant and ignorant? i am a christian with a christian worldview, therfore you automatically dismiss anything i have to say. this is proven by the fact you have repeatedly (not just in this thread) stated that i have said things i have not said. you make assumptions out of ignorance what i believe and assign them to me. but since i believe in God, i must be stupid! That is what intolerance is! and i am not the intolerant one here!

and what kind of experiement supports the *theory* of evolution? i know that scientific theories are not not proven, that is my whole point!

Sorry, incorrect. There is clear and repeatable evidence that evolution is occurring in human beings currently. There was an article in either Scientific American or Discovery Magazine a couple years ago about a mutation that occurred in human brain chemistry within the last century that helps people deal more successfully with environments that have a lot of distracting stimuli that appears to be successful in that it is spreading through the population of the world. As of the writing of the article, about 20% of living humans now carry this mutated gene, whereas it was less prevalant 40 years ago and didn't exist 100+ years ago.

There have also been numerous experiments with microbes, etc. whereby mutations have been introduced which were likely to be beneficial or detrimental and the beneficial mutations DO spread through the subject population. This is repeatable evidence that evolution DOES occur and that it does work. You could also note the more mundane evidence of dog and other domestic animal breeding, although, of course, the manipulations of the subject populations are not according to a "natural" process but rather, to the whims of the humans controlling access to breeding partners.

On a related note, archeological (sp?) and geological evidence as to the age of the earth and the universe in which it exists is VERY consistent, repeated across the world and is so omnipresent as to be consistent with what is considered acceptable as proof of the theory. This evidence of the age of the earth also fits consistently with the evidence for evolution of species over the course of the time involved. 2 billion years is a VERY long time, long enough for processes that are very haphazard and slow to do a whole lot. Keep in mind that 2 billion years, roughly how long the earth has been cool enough to support organic chemistry, is 100 million human generations (assuming babies at age 20) and about a trillion microbe generations!