McCain's try at weaseling out of the debate

tvashtarkatena

Maybe we'll see Obama debate himself. That would be neat:

My alter ego here plans to inspire America, what a sap. It may be "presidential" but it won't necessarily cure our real problems. I'll reach accross the aisle and get things done, one small step at a time.

My other half is just as tied to the same old purse strings as all the rest. He won't buck the system. Vote for me and I'll really shake things up and we'll see about universal healthcare. We need a leader who can show some vision: if we don't look ahead toward what is good for America we will never get where we need to go.

Give him the truth serum and it might be more revealing that McCain v. Obama.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/story/479555.html

here is an actual link...so you have something more recent then?

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2008135118_statemoney24m.html

In all, 16 percent of Gregoire's $8.6 million in campaign cash has come from out of state, compared with 3 percent of Rossi's $6.7 million. Were it not for out-of-state money, Rossi could say he's close to matching Gregoire in fundraising.

Letterman was on top of his game last night!

McCain suspended his campaign and cancelled on me because he's a senator and should work on the economy. So are Obama and Biden. But Palin's a gov, and the Alaskan economy is just fine. So why isn't she taking over for McCain? Isn't that what VPs are supposed to do?

News Flash: Washington Times Changes Name of Republican Party

"This is the greatest single act of responsibility ever taken by a presidential candidate," said former Republican House speaker, Newt Gingrich, standard-bearer of another, mostly forgotten 1990s "revolution" to change the way Washington works. "This is the day the McCain-reform Republican party began to truly emerge as a movement which puts the country first, solutions first, and big change first." The conservative Washington Times commented: "Democrats had dared McCain to show leadership and he stepped up."

I'd cite the article but the Washington Times gives me hives.

The Lettermen piece was so right-on-the-money...and it's the gift that keeps on giving. The morning shows are repeating it over and over, and then there's the web.

McCain's is looking like what he is; an impulsive, disorganized guy saddled with poor judgement with an incompetent joke for a running mate whom he doesn't trust to take over for a few days. 'Suspend his campaign?'. He's a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE just over a month from the election. Who the fuck does he think he is? And how stupid does he think we are?

Lettermen's shots of McCain being made up for the Couric interview and "Need a ride to the airport?" comment were pure gold. Face it; McCain's not prepared for the debate, so he's trying to weasel out of it. One should expect this from a guy who as 6th from the bottom of his class of 1,100. "Hey teach, how 'bout an extension?" McCain and Palin; the Ultimate Amateur Hour.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

McCain seems to have a flair for the dramatic.

For example, why would you decline an early release from POW camp? Isn't it a soldier's duty to get out of one? Wouldn't he help his ocuntry more from OUTSIDE a prison camp? Sure, it sounds romantic, but I've always wondered how sane that decision really was.

And now, he's suspending his campaign? More dramatics. What's he suspending it for? He doesn't have people who can keep it humming along for a while when he's busy? Why isn't Palin out stumping for him like Biden is for Obama?

His campaign is a trainwreck, and now he's hoping he can fool people into thinking he's above politics -- ironic, since everything he does seems to be rooted in politics.

Don't park yer car near a steep hillside in November. It's landslide season, baby.

Check it:

Aside from McCain's flagging poll numbers:

He's hated (now more than ever) by a huge fiscally conservative segment of his own party. Have you guys heard guys like Michael Savage lately? Oh boy. They want somebody who'll actually mind the store for Joe Sixpack, and that certainly isn't the current GOP.

This fiscal conservatives don't give a shit about religion, so the choice of Palin makes McCain look even more cynical, irresponsible, and baffoonish.

The evangelical kooks will still vote for McCain, but they never vote Dem anyway and so don't really figure into the equation.

In addition, the McCain campaign is falling apart before the nation's eyes in the face of this appropriately embarrassing financial clusterfuck. His spinmeisters clearly have no idea how to handle this, judging from their junior varsity moves of late. In contrast, the nation watches Obama weathering the exact same crisis; organized, cool as a cucumber, and bipartisan in his tone. Basically, Obama need to nothing but be himself (which is, after all, what any candidate should do all the time, right?), and watch McCain fall on his own cutlass.

Finally, the media seems to have turned against McCain. That can't be a good thing for what's left of his campaign.

The GOP still has election fraud on their side, but that only works in a very close election.

man, if America elects McCain after all of this, we deserve what we get

Do you think the conservatards actually buy his bullshit, or do you think they just pretend they do because it's easier than admitting the last 8 years have sucked ass. I'd like to think that they aren't dumb, but they never fail to surprise me.

You know TTK, pretty reasonable assesment of the political situation McCain finds himself in, but there is absolutely no accounting for the "Fairyweather" effect. You just can't account for idiot redneck tendencies....

By all rights GW shouldn't have been elected in 2004, honestly...and this may just go the same way...

I think you've got your demographics wrong. A lot of 'those rednecks' are pissed off working stiffs who are, in fact, your natural political allies. They're for a square deal, and they're not getting one from these fuckheads, and they know it.

FW's just a liberal hater. He's anti-stuff, not pro-stuff.

If, in fact, America votes GOP given this grim situation and the past 8 grim years, it's probably time to start thinking a splitting the country up again. The West Coast really has no use for the more conservative parts of the country or the federal system in general, they've become more burden than benefit. The Southeast, especially; no benefit to us whatsoever, little cultural similarity, but a huge financial liability, given the way they insist on voting for fuckheads who just increase our national debt. Let them calve off and form BibleLand or whatever. Let them pay for their own Holy Wars if they want. Fuck 'em.

For example, why would you decline an early release from POW camp? Isn't it a soldier's duty to get out of one? Wouldn't he help his ocuntry more from OUTSIDE a prison camp? Sure, it sounds romantic, but I've always wondered how sane that decision really was.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but I believe McCain was the highest ranking POW at the time. As such, he's not supposed to go home until all those under him are released. While you may think of it as "drama" others (myself included) consider it an honorable and noble action.

I'm not voting for him, and I frankly think he sold what was left of his integrity when pandering for the nomination, but I do give him props for his selflessness while a POW.

I think you've got your demographics wrong. A lot of 'those rednecks' are pissed off working stiffs who are, in fact, your natural political allies. They're for a square deal, and they're not getting one from these fuckheads, and they know it.

FW's just a liberal hater. He's anti-stuff, not pro-stuff.

If, in fact, America votes GOP given this grim situation and the past 8 grim years, it's probably time to start thinking a splitting the country up again. The West Coast really has no use for the more conservative parts of the country or the federal system in general, they've become more burden than benefit. The Southeast, especially; no benefit to us whatsoever, little cultural similarity, but a huge financial liability, given the way they insist on voting for fuckheads who just increase our national debt. Let them calve off and form BibleLand or whatever. Let them pay for their own Holy Wars if they want. Fuck 'em.

you are right, but they are the one's who vote on knee-jerk stuff like abortion, gay rights, and religion...things that honestly have nothing to do with running this company...

Good reading...The Trouble with Kansas...all about how the republicans, quite brilliantly, yanked the voting base of the democrats out from underneath them on "non-issues"

man, if America elects McCain after all of this, we deserve what we get

Do you think the conservatards actually buy his bullshit, or do you think they just pretend they do because it's easier than admitting the last 8 years have sucked ass. I'd like to think that they aren't dumb, but they never fail to surprise me.

You're assuming the vote will be fair and square. The Republicans committed vote fraud to steal a presidential election and try to cause justice to miscarry by disenfranchising voting blocs in closely-contested areas. A GOP victory will be valid only in the absence of a poisoned process.

That's why a guy like FW always tries to move the flashlight beam to non-issues "HAVE YOU HEARD OF ACORN? HMMM??????!!!!!!" rather than the gargantuan, glaring mega-issues of the day; the war, the economy, the environment, civil liberties, all of which highlight his party's utter failures both ideology and execution. He's like a chain smoker in need of a heart/lung transplant berate someone for putting too much half and half in their coffee. He's incapable or unwilling to consider the differences in the degree of incompetence, dishonesty, and avarice between the MOST INFLUENTIAL members of his party and people of COMPARABLE INFLUENCE among the democrats. He's basically a recreational troll without a message.

Edited by tvashtarkatena