billcoe

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two weeks ago...more this weekend if we can manage:

2940463756_9ce8e376b7.jpg

That's my wife.

That's her climbing only 6 months after her ankle distraction. It was our first time climbing together in four years and change. It made me SUPER happy! :rocken:

The walk out from East ship to the top of the path was the crux. It took us about an hour and a half. She was done! But we're planning on heading back... :grin:

don't click the link on Crackers post! don't click the link ! don't click that link !

Glad she's doing so well. Lots of stainless and stiches. Sick pic if ya click the link. Glad you got some rays in before the long winter rain comes.

Is that Lions Jaw...Kunza Corner...?

ivan - I have not done riverside - looks interesting for sure.

Windsurfer has big breaks like every 20 feet, it's like 3 climbs. Blownout has few breaks.

I'm sure free for some can seem easy when you climb it a million times and have that digit move dialed in, but I think it's an intimidating lead as you can get hurt if you blow it.

oddly, that anchor inspired me plenty - 4 big ass chickenheads, plus i was in a stance where i could hold all the weight on my body pretty easy - plus, geoff never falls! :lmao:

you'll notice, kev, i rarely claim to "free" anything - i like having fun when climbing, and given my strength and technique, that requires resting pretty often

it boggles me mind that you find free firsum easier to lead then blownout :)

PP, yeah, riverside's way up there on the edge of grassy ledge and you'll never have to wait in line! the anchor's not too bad currently either and will get replaced soon enough i bet.

Ironically enough I have never felt like I could lead windsurfer clean. I have never fallin on top rope but barley get it….I have led free for some at least a dozen times and pipeline 3 or 4 times. Windsurfer just does not call me……..
I guess I'd better get back on Free for Some if it is easier than Windsurfer. I think I got on FFS one time the first summer I started climbing again in 2006 and did not fair well. Still trying to lead Blownout but don't think it will happen this year. Hopefully next summer though. I've heard from quite a few folks that Windsurfer is the easiest 10b at Beacon. Blownout could well be the hardest 10a, the crux at the top feels much more like 10c/d to me, but what the hell do I know? I'm just a wanna-be-posin-sorta-has-been...

• 3 weeks later...