Weekend climbing pics -bring it!

billcoe

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice Ivan! I hear your portaledge had issues? !!

My solo Saturday.

Virgin pinnacles.

Cathedral_pinnacles_small.jpg

Main wall.

Cathedral_Front_small.jpg

Looking up.

rope_to_infinity_small.jpg

Moi.

After_the_rappel_on_the_deck_small.jpg

3 hours and 8 holes or so later and the Lil Dawg gets a well deserved rest. ( :provoke: Raindawg!)

lil_dawg_small1.jpg

Some down time relaxing to end the day. Still love the smell of cordite. this got groups OK but I was low, too embarrassed to show the holes my Wilson Combat put into the paper. You;d think when you spend that kind of money on a .45..... :ass:

Rock_River_A4_small.jpg

Sunday I went out solo and ran into Larry, Kenny and Jake at the Far Side. Knocked off some rocks and then we all got wet. Headed to Jim's for a beer and good companionship. Hadn't seen Jim for weeks and realized I'd been missing him. Jim put on the Patrick Edlinger movie where he free solos some 10c. Well done film.

FAglen_jon.JPGFAglen_jon.JPG

A pic of where we were climbing near this weekend. This is the 3rd GFFA of "je'mapel Jon Phillip" in June. I gave my other ground up aid climb a try but was shut down for another try later. You can see it in the background. Its the corner. 1st time on "je' mapel" I had to climb 15ft above my piton on loose rock before I realized there was no gear, so I lowered off my equalized lowball and piton. Second time I put a bolt in on lead and then was shut down by blackberries, loose rock and then exhaustion. The 3rd time glen, with no helmet, got the rain of softball size boulders and then I made it to the ledge and put in an anchor. All ground up, which I like. The problem is that you leave the line open. And my greedy ego climber mentality can't handle leaving climbs undone so I have nightmares and sleepless nights dreaming of freeing the climb. But those are fun too.

FAglen_jon.JPGFAglen_jon.JPG

A pic of where we were climbing near this weekend. This is the 3rd GFFA of "je'mapel Jon Phillip" in June. I gave my other ground up aid climb a try but was shut down for another try later. You can see it in the background. Its the corner. 1st time on "je' mapel" I had to climb 15ft above my piton on loose rock before I realized there was no gear, so I lowered off my equalized lowball and piton. Second time I put a bolt in on lead and then was shut down by blackberries, loose rock and then exhaustion. The 3rd time glen, with no helmet, got the rain of softball size boulders and then I made it to the ledge and put in an anchor. All ground up, which I like. The problem is that you leave the line open. And my greedy ego climber mentality can't handle leaving climbs undone so I have nightmares and sleepless nights dreaming of freeing the climb. But those are fun too.

Is that "Stewarts Ladder"? The Corner at the far side, that has all the gear in it?

It is Bryan, the route right above Kenny(?) in yellow shirt, but Jon hasn't yet heard that you finally free'd it back in June and named it after him. He called it open book btw, I found out his original name for it like 2 weeks ago.

bill,

stewart and i must have just missed you on sunday, as we left after being rained out. didn't see anyone else there. sounds like saturday was fun for you at your new wall.

Next time then! Saturday was awesome. Damn that shit just scares the hell out of me. Touching the ground is always a joyful reunion.

It is Bryan, the route right above Kenny(?) in yellow shirt, but Jon hasn't yet heard that you finally free'd it back in June and named it after him. He called it open book btw, I found out like 2 weeks ago.

That's cool that you free'd it, I don't know you and its a good looking line. But please don't call it "stewart's ladder" it sounds like I'm too weak to climb it or something. I figured it went at about 10dish. What did you think?

Bill, just so I know and since your writing all the rule's down for that wall; What reserve's a line out there amoungst belay partner's. Say you do a route ground up in the snow and rain and I belay you on it. Then you begin to "project", how much time do I have before I can go and lead it with another friend. And then how much time do I have to let you know that we did it, so that you don't have anxiety about freeing the climb? Just curious for future climbing!

Stewart

Here's where I was climbing the weekend before.

mark_at_couger_fa.jpgmark_at_couger_fa.jpg

That's cool that you free'd it, I don't know you and its a good looking line. But please don't call it "stewart's ladder" it sounds like I'm too weak to climb it or something. I figured it went at about 10dish. What did you think?

Bill, just so I know and since your writing all the rule's down for that wall; What reserve's a line out there amoungst belay partner's. Say you do a route ground up in the snow and rain and I belay you on it. Then you begin to "project", how much time do I have before I can go and lead it with another friend. And then how much time do I have to let you know that we did it, so that you don't have anxiety about freeing the climb? Just curious for future climbing!

Stewart

I had heard you to say you were letting others try to free that route. You didn't say it about the other lines you had there, so they were of course left alone.

If I'd known you'd felt otherwise there's no way we would have jumped on it. You weren't around for @ 3 months or so, and as I'm pretty sure I heard you say anyone want it have at it.....

...if you want the name to be Bill's Ladder or Bryans ladder I don't care and shouldn't be an issue with Bryan either he's a good dude, it shouldn't be something you feel bad on or upset about, we didn't know the name at that time and Bryan wanted to honor you. I'm not into stealing your projects if that's what you think, thought it was clear. If you think we did something bad I apologize, this is on me, not Bryan. If there is anything else you have reserved let me know and I'll stay off it forever or until you say otherwise.

Bryan thought 10c, I thought 11a.

I think its great that someone free'd it. I don't reserve ground up climbs, just thought a belay partner gives respect and at least lets the climber know when its been free'd. I know I've called you several times to tell you that I free'd one of your new route's. I hold great value in my climbs. Maybe to you it didn't mean anything, just another day of climbing. I would think of it as an exciting event to free an aid climb. Even if it was just 10d. and only 30ft tall. Just throw me a line yo. As for my future climbing, ground-up bitches! "Je'mapeljonphillip"

"Open door" is a retarded one-eyed drunken shamen indian from the midwest. His original name was "loud noise" because of his ability to fart at will. He later became the respected shamen of one of the badest ass tribes of indians to ever fight the white man in the Ohio River and Detroit area. His brother Tecumsah was their chief. He was the bad-ass leader and was, of course, betrayed by the "french" while fighting the English. After that "open door" became "loud noise", the drunken retarted shamen, once again. I don't care what you call it, it will always be "loud noise" and the "Drop-Zone" to me.

Bill, I am very grateful for every FA made available to me and hold them in very high regard. You have to admit that this is an akward way to find out about a climb that you hold in high regards.

Stewart

• 2 weeks later...