• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Obama will set a higher ethical tone

He's off to a great start: :lmao:

Tony Rezco

William Ayers

ACORN

The William Ayers thing is friggin stupid. Smacks of desperation by those who spread it.

The Tony Rezco/real estate story is truly disturbing. While there does not appear to have been actual favors traded by Obama what the fuck was he thinking? Obama wants the house but the seller will only sell it bundled with a neighboring piece of property. So Obama finds a buyer (Rezcos wife) and both lots are sold on the same day. Later Rezco's wife sells Obama 1/4 of the property for a 1/4 of the purchase price. For a lawn? WTF? So nothing was given away but Rezco did a great big favor Obama. In exchange for what?

I'm an Obama supporter but this one more reason why that support is somewhat tepid.

Um, I don't know about you, but this just sounds like a clever and practical way to do that deal. If there were no favors traded, what's the problem?

At least Obama will set a higher ethical tone

He's off to a great start: :lmao:

Tony Rezco

William Ayers

ACORN

I can hardly believe that given the events of the last week and the decades of fallout we're likely shoulder in the aftermath, that this moronic character assassination crap is what you choose to hammer on. Astonishingly desperate.

It's kinda weird. Here FW tries to come off as a moralistic personal responsibility junkie; "Oh my word, a racial slur! Pull your own weight! Respect da wymynz! Oh, what's YOUR degree in?"

So he goes for the Keating greasing, 6th-from-the-bottom-of-his-class, adultering torture flopper and disses the up-from-slavery poster child who became a constitutional scholar, senator, faithful husband and father.

But he's a liberal. And therein lies the rub. FW's not FOR anything. He's simply, neurotically anti-liberal.

Whatever that means.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

In any case, compared to Cindy's real estate deals with Keating, and her refusal to release her tax returns (unlike the Obamas), this is nothing.

Completely agreed. But things like the Rezko deal point to a candidate who might not be as different from the same 'ole as he tends to portray himself.

In any case, compared to Cindy's real estate deals with Keating, and her refusal to release her tax returns (unlike the Obamas), this is nothing.

Completely agreed. But things like the Rezko deal point to a candidate who might not be as different from the same 'ole as he tends to portray himself.

Not that different from a guy who lied to the nation to bring us to war? Who spied on us illegally for most of his term? Who instituted a state sponsored program of kidnapping and torture?

OK. I guess my different is really different from your different.

Not that different from a guy who lied to the nation to bring us to war? Who spied on us illegally for most of his term? Who instituted a state sponsored program of kidnapping and torture?

011500011603010308200809124745ee97e0ae4c524c00bf3a.jpg

Have to agree, their all corrupt to a certain degree, it's the amount of corruption you have to look at.

Clearly the repugs are more corrupt. You can look at it from a number of different ways, like...

largest number of people convicted of crimes in a prez admin... Reagan REPUBLICAN

largest dollar amount of bribery conviction of a single congressperson. Duke Cunningham REPUBLICAN

largest corrupt bankruptcy.... Enron REPUBLICAN

largest number of congresspeople tied to a convicted lobbyist. Abrhamoff REPUBLICANS

Largest mortgage fraud in country's history... Phil Gramm REPUBLICAN

Republicans are also the biggest hypocrits. Like McCain REPUBLICAN after 20 some years of supporting deregulation and bush says he's going to change things. Does that mean he's going to change himself?

Or like the Treasury Secretary Paulson? (REPUBLICAN) Now he's going to fix the mortgage mess, wait a minute, didn't he just come from Goldman Sachs making $38MIL in one year? Weren't they right in the thick of all this corruption? So now one of their board members is going to "fix" the mess? ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

Fairweather, please make us a list of Dems who are as corrupt or worse and then we'll talk. Don't forget the only choice you get is the lesser of two evils. Don't choose wrong.

Fringe kooks abound here. Thank you for the confirmation.

Fairweather.

Did you know that about 90% of Americans think the JFK killing was not as the military/industrial/media complex insists to this day that it is? And thanks to the internet the 911 scam is coming around quicker than the JFK killing?

More than 50% of New Yorkers suspect 911 is not as the government says it is. They were at ground zero, are they fringe kooks?

Pretty much the same numbers in most of the developed world (outside of the US), are they fringe kooks?

Patriots question 911

140+ Senior Military, Intelligence Service, Law Enforcement, and Government Officials

540+ Engineers and Architects

120+ Pilots and Aviation Professionals

300+ Professors Question 9/11

210+ 9/11 Survivors and Family Members

170+ Artists, Entertainers, and Media Professionals

Are they ALL "fringe kooks" Fairweather?

Inside Job,I don't think so,a sleep at the wheel is more like it!

Well you could intentionally go to sleep as well. wink.gif

What people have lost (to one extent or another) is the ability to judge from the gut. Whether it is from the media, from giving in to our own innate greed impulse, from our phony advertising based social environment, or some other aspect of our culture, we have been lead away from trusting our own natural gut instincts to "smell a rat" even when a rat is right in front of us. We try to rationalize our way into social-evolutionary dead ends like communism, religious fundamentalism and as we now can see, free market capitalism.

My gut tells me that there are things about 9/11 that have not -and probably will not- ever see the light of day. Personally, I don't believe that 9/11 would have happened if Gore had taken office but thats just me.

While I would not go so far as to claim it as an "inside job" I believe that the Bush administration is capable of ANYTHING and that maybe even Bush is not aware of how he has been manipulated. I believe that there are secret "back room" dealings going on all the time and that if the game is played right human systems operate in a relatively less violent manner than if people of less skill and more greed somehow gain power.

I also believe that the stakes are getting higher and higher and unfortunately the deception is getting more elaborate all the time.

As for repubs, I have to agree in general - far more rats.

Fringe kooks abound here. Thank you for the confirmation.

Fairweather.

Did you know that about 90% of Americans think the JFK killing was not as the military/industrial/media complex insists to this day that it is? And thanks to the internet the 911 scam is coming around quicker than the JFK killing?

More than 50% of New Yorkers suspect 911 is not as the government says it is. They were at ground zero, are they fringe kooks?

Pretty much the same numbers in most of the developed world (outside of the US), are they fringe kooks?

Patriots question 911

140+ Senior Military, Intelligence Service, Law Enforcement, and Government Officials

540+ Engineers and Architects

120+ Pilots and Aviation Professionals

300+ Professors Question 9/11

210+ 9/11 Survivors and Family Members

170+ Artists, Entertainers, and Media Professionals

Are they ALL "fringe kooks" Fairweather?

Yes. They (and apparently you) are all fringe kooks. Do you really believe 9/11 was an inside job? If you do, you are not worthy of further engagement here. And yes, I believe the JFK assassination was, for the most part, exactly what it looked like: A little commie-wannabe who knew how to shoot, possibly with some additional training/indoctrination during the time he spent in the USSR. There was no second gunman. You need help.

Scientific American dedicated almost half of a publication debunking 9/11 conspiracy theorists a couple years ago. See if you can avail yourself. How does it feel to be right up there with Rosie O'Donnell?

Edited by Fairweather

Ahem. This is the libtards gloating over Obama's poll numbers in response to PP gloating over McCain's shortlived poll numbers thread. If you want to start a 911 or JFK conspiracy thread, go right ahead, but like, man, that's not my bag.

all the threads usually end about being about: who owns the truth.who can be the most right.. truth is ,we are all experts at some things, the trick is to agree on what.....

finance i know dick about. deregulation is dangerous.

politics either.media control is dangerouser.

jfk yeah, i know.

manhattan renovations, yeah i know.

god, yeah , i am.

human nature's effect on all of the above....expert like.

I remain confident. McCain will win. Care for a little wager? November 7th. The loser wears a pink tutu up Mailbox Peak while the winner follows behind and shouts at him through a bullhorn. Additionally, the loser carries the winner's lunch up and serves it to him on the summit while pictures are taken of the event for posting here (and here ONLY) later that evening. What do you say?

pink-tutu.gif

Bullhorn.jpg

Fine print:

The winner is the one who's candidate is installed to the presidency via the electoral college.

No "your side cheated" defense. The winner is the winner.

No personal information learned or gleaned about TTK or FW during the event may be used in open forum--ever.

This is a friendly wager. No grudges, threats of ass-reamings, or weapons are permitted.

Both the winner and loser may have one, and only one cc.com member of their choice each attend.

What do ya say? You have two days to accept or decline this sincere and friendly offer.

I've taken you off ignore - feel free to PM me.

Inside Job,I don't think so,a sleep at the wheel is more like it!

Well you could intentionally go to sleep as well. wink.gif

What people have lost (to one extent or another) is the ability to judge from the gut. Whether it is from the media, from giving in to our own innate greed impulse, from our phony advertising based social environment, or some other aspect of our culture, we have been lead away from trusting our own natural gut instincts to "smell a rat" even when a rat is right in front of us. We try to rationalize our way into social-evolutionary dead ends like communism, religious fundamentalism and as we now can see, free market capitalism.

My gut tells me that there are things about 9/11 that have not -and probably will not- ever see the light of day. Personally, I don't believe that 9/11 would have happened if Gore had taken office but thats just me.

While I would not go so far as to claim it as an "inside job" I believe that the Bush administration is capable of ANYTHING and that maybe even Bush is not aware of how he has been manipulated. I believe that there are secret "back room" dealings going on all the time and that if the game is played right human systems operate in a relatively less violent manner than if people of less skill and more greed somehow gain power.

I also believe that the stakes are getting higher and higher and unfortunately the deception is getting more elaborate all the time.

As for repubs, I have to agree in general - far more rats.

11b12913cZZZZZZZZZ89j363402ae5c7b1004.jpg11b12913cZZZZZZZZZ89j363402ae5c7b1004.jpg11b12913cZZZZZZZZZ89j363402ae5c7b1004.jpg11b12913cZZZZZZZZZ89j363402ae5c7b1004.jpg11b12913cZZZZZZZZZ89j363402ae5c7b1004.jpg01150401020301040020080910f2c454662931e356b900de6d.jpg

FW, not to stray too far but a question if you will..

Is there some kind of principle, a kind of moral or even logical stance behind your utterances? Anything at all? Im just wondering because you so often seem like one of those limp wrist counter punchers judging by your posts and Id like to give you the benefit of the doubt if I could. Id think you were merely a contrarian but I can't even find that much of a pattern to your babble. What exactly do you stand for? Is it political party for party's sake? Is it the mere name "conservative" or "republican" because that is about all that is left of that creed. It can't seriously be "less government and less taxes" in our present circumstance can it? It can't be the up-right religious based ethical values that have mysteriously vanished from the actual practice of right winged politicos with wide toilet stances or affinities for young boy pages can it? I mean what is left behind your pot shot rhetoric really?

So please, tell me, what do you proclaim, what do you up hold, what do you represent? WHAT DOES FAIR WEATHER STAND FOR?

Edited by dmuja