• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

Forum Upgrade

So we just performed a forum upgrade and somethings have changed, as you'll find out when you poke around.

We know about the following:

1. the "Past 24 hours" link is back to its previous less desirable state and includes Spray again. I'll get that hacked back in the coming days.

2. Some of the "Styles" you can choose, including the default one are a bit out of wack. I used the "Smiffy" style myself, and it seems to be fine. We'll be cleaning these up in the coming days.

If you find anything amiss, you can post in this thread to let us know about it.

Before the upgrade, if you used the "past 24hrs" link on the front page it included spray, if you used it within the forum pages it didn't include spray. I'd love to see an option for with or without spray(because I want my past24 search to show spray topics)

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, or if it's even related to the upgrade (though this problem began with the upgrade) but when I to the the log in page and log in, it immediately takes me to the forum...which is good. But I don't actually get logged in. I have to do it a second time and then I am finally in.

It's not a major issue since I eventually get in, but I was just curious if this has happened to anyone else.

Thank you, my donation will be in shortly. :brew:

you might try clearing out your cookies. do it both on the page below, but also in your browser.

nice booty.

Why thank you!

Yeah, did the cookie thing in both places several times, but to no avail. No worries, just throwing it out there to see if there was an obvious issue/solution. Thanks Porter :tup:

I can't upload photos anymore.

me either - and the quick quote feature rarely works either

The smilies window is kinda awkward to use now...when you want to view them all they come up in a long row instead of in one window where you can see all at once. Is there a setting I can adjust to make it the way it used to be, so they all come up at once when you click the smiley face?

TIA :kisss:

You may need to do a one time authentication to the gallery (same logon/password as the forums).

PM me if this doesn't work.

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem, or if it's even related to the upgrade (though this problem began with the upgrade) but when I to the the log in page and log in, it immediately takes me to the forum...which is good. But I don't actually get logged in. I have to do it a second time and then I am finally in.

Happens to me, too, and started with the upgrade. Also, sometimes (no rhyme or reason to it) when I post a reply, when I return to teh page, I'm logged out. Have to go and log in again. Happens every once in a while since the upgrade.

The smilies window is kinda awkward to use now...when you want to view them all they come up in a long row instead of in one window where you can see all at once. Is there a setting I can adjust to make it the way it used to be, so they all come up at once when you click the smiley face?

Yep, got the same thing and agree that it is rather awkward to deal with.

TIA :kisss:

I'll accept that smooch now ;)

Before the upgrade, if you used the "past 24hrs" link on the front page it included spray, if you used it within the forum pages it didn't include spray. I'd love to see an option for with or without spray(because I want my past24 search to show spray topics)

I'd like my past24 hour search to include spray topics too!

Can you put my link back? But this time can you put it above the ads? :grin::wave:

Why do I have to log in twice in order for it to work?

Same for me. Something about hurling your cookies...

Doesn't work--even when I wipe out my cookies I have to log in twice. Same thing at home. Both windows systems using IE7.