Forum Upgrade

olyclimber

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be cool if there was a specific thread for First Ascent TR's that way we can quickly browse through them and read all the new activity. I have found that from time to time I miss out on whats going on, it would be cool if they were all in one spot. I just found some nice write ups of new routes that were done last year that I missed for example. Does anyone else think this would be good?

Maybe put it above all the fourms in the trip report section called "New Route Activity"

The smilies window is kinda awkward to use now...when you want to view them all they come up in a long row instead of in one window where you can see all at once. Is there a setting I can adjust to make it the way it used to be, so they all come up at once when you click the smiley face?

TIA :kisss:

I'll accept that smooch now ;)

Sweet! Thanks, Porter. :kisss: (Not sure if that's as good as the one Sobo planted on ya ;) )

I think it would be cool if there was a specific thread for First Ascent TR's that way we can quickly browse through them and read all the new activity. I have found that from time to time I miss out on whats going on, it would be cool if they were all in one spot. I just found some nice write ups of new routes that were done last year that I missed for example. Does anyone else think this would be good?

Maybe put it above all the fourms in the trip report section called "New Route Activity"

I'd second that suggestion. There have been some nice first ascents put up, and it would be great to be able to get to them quickly.

Great! Thanks man

Is there any way you can make the "active topics" vs "active posts" sticky so I don't have to keep switching to active topics every time I check out the past 24hrs function?

Any way to make the "with spray/without spray" sticky?

thanks again

I implemented a change that should decrease the number of second/third logons that you guys have been experiencing.

also, "Past 24 Hours" is once again spray free. However, there is a toggle on the top that allows you to turn it on if you prefer it.

Mine's fixed! Thanks Porter! :brew:

I implemented a change that should decrease the number of second/third logons that you guys have been experiencing.

also, "Past 24 Hours" is once again spray free. However, there is a toggle on the top that allows you to turn it on if you prefer it.

Mine's fixed! Thanks Porter! :brew:

Mine's fixed, too! Ditto on the thanks, Porter! :brew: :brew:

PS: Nice buns, C. ;)

After the upgrade, links to CC TRs (which I had on my web page) are not working. Clicking on them just takes you to the forum home page.

To see an example, go to the post by Dru titled "Alpine Beta: Too Much and Not Enough" in the Climbers' Board, and click on the link given by Ponzini to the post on Crossover descent on Slesse.

Is it just my browser (firefox, seamonkey)? Any one else have the same problem??

Its not a browser problem, but rather the path that the board uses for the forum/post that changed. In that case I had to make a change to the config and it impacted that one post

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/839067/Slesse_Crossover_Pass_Descent_#Post839067

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=839067#Post839067

The first link doesn't work anymore, the second is how it works now.

Unfortunately you'll have to update your links. The content is still there and linkable! Either way, you would have had to update your links FYI.

Hmmm.. after I posted, I was starting to guess something along the lines of what you said (change in the way the URLs are listed). Thanks Porter, but now the plot thickens though!

First of all, BOTH the links you have put above work now. Do you think links in the first format will cease to work in the future or something?

Secondly, all my old links have started working again, but with a glitch. They now take me to the *last* post in the page (or, pretty much all the way to the bottom of the page) to which I've linked. For example, I had the following link put up somewhere:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/546090/

If I click on the above link, it does not take me to the TOP of the page I want to link to. I (re-)found the post now (by searching through all of ryanl's posts - he only has 68 posts as opposed to my 380+ :grin: ), and the URL now looks different:

http://cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/543419/Argonaut_Peak_NE_Couloir_ski_d

I notice that the working URL actually has the form that you mention will *not* work :confused: .

It'll be really nice if you could fix the configuration such that my retro links work. In fact, I'm guessing that many other older posts with links to other posts will have similar/same issues as well.

I'm noticing some quirks with the Past 24hr section. I select "Spray-Free", but when I go to the next page, it goes back to Spray-Full. It does this every time I change the page. The Active topic selection does the same thing every time the page is changed.

I also noticed that now ALL new posts come up in the Past 24hr list instead of just listing the thread they are included in ONCE. Not sure if this stems from my above problem, but makes for a much longer list of threads. Just some observations...

Thanks!!

Since the upgrade the "Gear Notes" and "Approach Notes" have been messed up. It seems all new TRs have both of those sections stripped of whitespace. Looks like this:

Gear Notes:

tworopesdrawsAcoupletcusandone3cam

Approach Notes:

FromI-5and45thAve510toEverettat607AmFromEverettterminal202toitsterminusCatchthe230toDarrington