Awesome food in your local neighborhood?

Jens

Anyone care to reveal personal favorite food joints in your neighborhood that are amazing? I'm talking hole in the wall places that fly under the radar.

On the other side of the coin, any places that get all the hype, yet plain suck bad and are riding on name alone?

A chef I met once told me that the LeGourmand (spelling?) the small brick place about 10 blocks east of the Ballard Safeway was hands down the finest food to be consumed in the State of Washington.

-------------------------

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a bit of a taco truck connoisseur, and the one at Home Depot on Aurora is outrageously good. Fresh tamales on the weekends.

Those tamales are the real thing, gelatinous, wrapped in banana leaf and tasty. Close as you'll find to the tamales sold on the street in the Yucatan. Yummm.

Anyone care to reveal personal favorite food joints in your neighborhood that are amazing? I'm talking hole in the wall places that fly under the radar.

On the other side of the coin, any places that get all the hype, yet plain suck bad and are riding on name alone?

A chef I met once told me that the LeGourmand (spelling?) the small brick place about 10 blocks east of the Ballard Safeway was hands down the finest food to be consumed in the State of Washington.

Le Gourmand is one of my favorites, very nice place to go for cocktails and appies. They are always coming up with some tasty champange cocktails. The chef makes some really good fois gras and the duck with currant reduction was one of my favorite meals I have had anywhere. I haven't been there for a few years, but really want to go back.

The Dish rocks for breakfast.

The Oxancan mexican resturant in Ballard has really good mexican food.

I love sandwhiches and for the price Fred Myers does an excellent job. Usually it is good for two meals for me.

I forget the name but there is a french bistro that is right around the corner from the market that has lunch fare that is just like you would find in Paris nice soups, simple sandwhich with quality ingredients

I have never had tamales outside of my kitchen or mexico that are good, but who know maybe some of these trucks can make some good tamales.

I am right now getting really into the Bangladeshi food, it is super hot like indian food on steroids. Right now it is Ramadam, so people are fasting during the day and gorging at night. Iftar's are soo good and meal in itself though for everybody it is just the appetizer. The other day we got this firey hot 7 Dhal sauce with marrow that was so rocking.

Paseo's in Fremont rocks my world. They do Cuban sandwiches. They don't have a sign. Look for a small storefront covered in corrugated metal.

4225 Fremont Ave N

El Chupacabra makes the mission style burritos that Taco Del Mar wishes they made. Not to mention excellent gringo enchiladas and a passable house margarita.

Le Gourmand is one of my favorites, very nice place to go for cocktails and appies.

Sambar is a very cool spot.

• 5 weeks later...