Reveal your internet pro deal codes!

Jens

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but revealing/bragging/outing bro-deal codes/savings/etc. is the single best way to have the deal jerked from you. Why would you want to do something stoopid like that?

Oh, I don't know that it is the best way... you could always wander in to a retail location, try on a bunch of stuff and then loudly brag that you won't be paying these prices because your organization XYZ has a pro deal. That would get you swiftly booted as well.

Having said that, yes, farming out your pro deal access is definitely a very good way of getting placed on the vendor's shit list.

Recently, companies have been rather quick to yank pro deals from vendors, guide services, university outdoor programs, and even avalanche centers. I don't really have a problem with people trying to circumvent high retail prices, but I would recommend being as discreet as possible about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but revealing/bragging/outing bro-deal codes/savings/etc. is the single best way to have the deal jerked from you. Why would you want to do something stoopid like that?

Oh, I don't know that it is the best way... you could always wander in to a retail location, try on a bunch of stuff and then loudly brag that you won't be paying these prices because your organization XYZ has a pro deal. That would get you swiftly booted as well.

Yes, mk, that was essentially what I was getting at with the "bragging" reference in my first post. Gotta be pretty dumb to pull a stunt like that.

Since this board is sponsored by companies you would essentially be deceiving (in an overt, public way even), anyone posting codes here will get the boot.

everyone loves to get the bro-down, but this isn't the place to rip off our sponsors and put worthy pro deals in jeopardy (such as avie center or rescue club discounts).

Sorry, but I'm sure you can understand why!

Jens, I apologize but I've removed your post. I think everyone loves a good deal, but in light of Grivel NA ceasing to exist and numerous other ventures finding themself in an increasing perilous state I think we have a responsibility to protect their interests whether they show ads here or not.

Jens, I apologize but I've removed your post. I think everyone loves a good deal, but in light of Grivel NA ceasing to exist and numerous other ventures finding themself in an increasing perilous state I think we have a responsibility to protect their interests whether they show ads here or not.

Jon, no need to apologize. Jens' request was misguided to say the least. He should have known better in the first place. Thanks Jon.