Economic News

Mal_Con

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I recall, economics is a social science; a discipline with testable theories and mathematical models the predictability of which is limited by the vagaries of human behavior and natural events.

That definition is vague enough to slap on just about anything. Political science, anyone?

But hey, I guess meteorology isn't a science, right?

If you say so.

i did not sign up for this

looks like the final fuck you america from a washed up duchebag. fucksticks are running this country like a personal piggy bank. if this is not a good time for pointing fingers, i don't know when would be better.

and the vote of likes of FW, KK and other neo-con clownpunchers is costing you and i roughly $2300. I hope they live long, while they suck shit through a tube.

"The last official act of a government to loot a nation."

[video:youtube]wK2QjMydQpU

If unemployment soars, what'll happen to tax revenues? And not just at the Federal level but we're seeing it already at the local level with decline of property values (and thus property taxes)along with losses of sales tax revenue.

Are we just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?

Under Strain, Cities Are Cutting Back Projects

Subprime Finds New Victim as Muni Defaults Triple: Joe Mysak

Municipal Bond Deals Squeezed By Credit Crisis

California warns it may need $7B loan

Obama should continue doing what works: remaining the cool cat, continue talking about fixing our problems and let McCain fall on his own attack campaign strategy.

It's incredible that, given all the crisis today, the McCain campaign thinks that sending Palin out to dredge up the Ayers connection is a path to victory.

Oh well, there's that judgement thing again.

In case you haven't noticed neo-liberalism was applied almost everywhere, which explains why so many economies have tanked.

like this economy is doing soooo great! open your eyes duchebag.

Huh? are you a cretin or is it the booze that prevents you from understanding what I said?