Mountie Alert - Vantage 9/20 - 9/21

Toast

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, my next archaeological expedition to Egypt’s Valley of the Kings takes place this fall.

You can not see the hypocrisy here? The Valley of the Kings is itself a blight on the natural environment. Men raped the rock there carving stairs, hallways, and rooms in the earth.

Then when the earth reclaimed this land, men came again to rape the rock again. And you are participating in this carnage.

And you cry your crocodile tears about bolts? :noway:

Your reply wins the "Neanderthal of the Week Award" for sheer, sub-educated ignorance. You may collect your trophy from the Yeti in the steam caves on the summit of Rainier, if you ever make it that far.

Uh oh! Here comes the boss! You'd better slap that paper hat back on your coconut and dump some of them frozen onion rings in the fryer before the noon rush!

[img:center]http://www.gonzalobarr.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/dumb-neanderthal.jpg[/img]

By the way, my next archaeological expedition to Egypt’s Valley of the Kings takes place this fall.

You can not see the hypocrisy here? The Valley of the Kings is itself a blight on the natural environment. Men raped the rock there carving stairs, hallways, and rooms in the earth.

Then when the earth reclaimed this land, men came again to rape the rock again. And you are participating in this carnage.

Purposes and mission

The club's charter lists its purposes:

To explore and study the mountains, forests and water courses of the Northwest and beyond

To gather into permanent form the history and traditions of these regions and explorations

To preserve by example, teaching and the encouragement of protective legislation or otherwise the natural beauty of the natural environment

To make expeditions and provide educational opportunities in fulfillment of the above purposes

To encourage a spirit of good fellowship among all lovers of outdoor life

To hold real estate and personal property and to receive, hire, purchase, occupy, and maintain and manage suitable buildings and quarters for the furtherance of the purposes of the association, and to hold in trust or otherwise funds, received by bequest or gift or otherwise, to be devoted to the purposes of said association.

The club's mission:

To be the premier Northwest outdoor recreation club, dedicated to the responsible enjoyment and protection of natural areas.

Apples and oranges, KK. Mountaineering, and its legitimate derivatives, are for the purpose of exploration and recreation. Don't know how long you've been at this, but the proud traditions of mountain climbing (up until about the mid 1980's) in this country continually evolved toward preserving the medium. That the Mountaineers include this ideal in their mission statement reflects the recognition that most who enjoy the outdoors (through hiking, scrambling and mountaineering) prefer to enjoy these pursuits without the constant reminder of human impact. That some impact is inevitable, and that greater impacts exist outside the areas we love to explore, does not negate our responsibility to respect and preserve these limited resources.

Their mission statement notwithstanding, the Mountaineers promote and encourage sport climbing and its unaesthetic, cowardly impacts. That's pretty f-ing lame.

And you, about as bored as you are unimaginative, have the time and energy carefully to elaborate on your perception of my activities this weekend....yet lack the intellectual ability to respond directly to my post.

BTW, I added about 6,000 feet of elevation to my mountain bike log for the year this weekend, soon to equal 300,000 ft. The view of Fossil Rock from Enumclaw's Mt. Pete was shiny, metalic and disgusting.

Mountain bike!! The crotchety old man is tear’n up god’s green earth with those knobby tires,The view from Fossil I could see those disgusting mountain bike ruts on Mt Pete :rolleyes:

I guess everyone has a varying opinion as to what is environmentally correct …get it… if you bash any aspect of climbing expect a response, that’s all

I hope you don’t take me too seriously because

I don’t take all your blah! Bla! Blah! bash’n the mountainsteers and bolts seriously

pretty f-ing lame tho !

:wave:LUCKY

Mountain bike!! The crotchety old man is tear’n up god’s green earth with those knobby tires,The view from Fossil I could see those disgusting mountain bike ruts on Mt Pete :rolleyes:

I guess everyone has a varying opinion as to what is environmentally correct …get it… if you bash any aspect of climbing expect a response, that’s all

I hope you don’t take me too seriously because

I don’t take all your blah! Bla! Blah! bash’n the mountainsteers and bolts seriously

pretty f-ing lame tho !

:wave:LUCKY

I take it seriously enough to respond. I have a very conservative view of bolts. They should be (voluntarily) restricted and not used where ever and when ever possible. We part company otherwise with the extremism Pope and Don share. The belief of NO BOLTS anywhere that Don has on occasion espoused. This thread - for instance, was about letting folks know about route crowding issues, to give them a chance to go elsewhere and not ruin their plans, yet Don turned it to this bolt yellfest, for no apparent reason other than to stroke his ego apparently. Why not call the Mounties directly instead of just yammering on to folks who have nothing to do with the curriculum? Why not volunteer with the Mounties and teach your views one on one and actually do something positive?

Correction: Tacoma Mtneers 13 students,

*not 20th and 21st*

but 27th and 28th.

Come share our ropes!

For anyone concerned... passed a large group that was probably the Tacoma mounties on Sunday. They were near the far end of Riverview, where no one else was...bothering no one. Excellent choice by their leaders.

Correction: Tacoma Mtneers 13 students,

*not 20th and 21st*

but 27th and 28th.

Come share our ropes!

For anyone concerned... passed a large group that was probably the Tacoma mounties on Sunday. They were near the far end of Riverview, where no one else was...bothering no one. Excellent choice by their leaders.

Prolly cuz they've been reading all this hate mail...

Why not call the Mounties directly instead of just yammering on to folks who have nothing to do with the curriculum? Why not volunteer with the Mounties and teach your views one on one and actually do something positive?

Didn't even get a Sarah Palin style answer. Maybe because Don can't answer it.

Perhaps it is much like my Jack Russell Terriers when they tear after a small furry creature, Don has no restraint and cannot control his mind and his fingers?

Well what the hell, another information post that Raindawg chooses to poop on and the ensuing squabblefest turns it straight into spray? This shit's gotta stop, or it's going to be a long winter. I've moved this to Spray, but I'm not happy about it.

I think everyone should be appreciative of posts like Toast's notification of class concentrations at climbing areas, so people can plan their destinations accordingly. Toast, please don't let these assholes dissuade you from posting such notifications in the future.

Well what the hell, another information post that Raindawg chooses to poop on and the ensuing squabblefest turns it straight into spray? This shit's gotta stop, or it's going to be a long winter. I've moved this to Spray, but I'm not happy about it.

I think everyone should be appreciative of posts like Toast's notification of class concentrations at climbing areas, so people can plan their destinations accordingly. Toast, please don't let these assholes dissuade you from posting such notifications in the future.

I would have bet $20 this was gonna happen. :lmao:

It's a good call OW.

Purposes and mission

The club's charter lists its purposes:

To explore and study the mountains, forests and water courses of the Northwest and beyond

To gather into permanent form the history and traditions of these regions and explorations

To preserve by example, teaching and the encouragement of protective legislation or otherwise the natural beauty of the natural environment

To make expeditions and provide educational opportunities in fulfillment of the above purposes

To encourage a spirit of good fellowship among all lovers of outdoor life

To hold real estate and personal property and to receive, hire, purchase, occupy, and maintain and manage suitable buildings and quarters for the furtherance of the purposes of the association, and to hold in trust or otherwise funds, received by bequest or gift or otherwise, to be devoted to the purposes of said association.

The club's mission:

To be the premier Northwest outdoor recreation club, dedicated to the responsible enjoyment and protection of natural areas.

Apples and oranges, KK. Mountaineering, and its legitimate derivatives, are for the purpose of exploration and recreation. Don't know how long you've been at this, but the proud traditions of mountain climbing (up until about the mid 1980's) in this country continually evolved toward preserving the medium. That the Mountaineers include this ideal in their mission statement reflects the recognition that most who enjoy the outdoors (through hiking, scrambling and mountaineering) prefer to enjoy these pursuits without the constant reminder of human impact. That some impact is inevitable, and that greater impacts exist outside the areas we love to explore, does not negate our responsibility to respect and preserve these limited resources.

Their mission statement notwithstanding, the Mountaineers promote and encourage sport climbing and its unaesthetic, cowardly impacts. That's pretty f-ing lame.

you know, if you eliminated that one little comment, you might have a valid comment/argument...

the funny thing is you might have a decent fist fight if you called some a coward to their face...

last i heard, when you were confronted by a certain cc.com'er it was a fair bit of backpedaling...so, let's just leave those qualitative style comments out and discuss the more quantitative aspects...

things like environmental impact, crowd increases, unsightly trash accumulation, removal of adventure and spice, et. cetera et. cetera, mmmmkay??

If you don't like bolts, don't climb bolts...duh...and stay the hell away from my right to bolt and spray as desired.

As far as the Coulee, it seems the porta-potties and trash have taken front stage over the small bolts...which pale in comparrison to the damn chalk everywhere...

Edited by FamilyMan

:tup: :tup: way to put it in prespective OFF!

:brew: to the mounties

To all you sprayers that actually climb see you at the coulee tomorrow :wave: LUCKY