Bellingham

aussie69

Fairly new transplant to the area. love it, but kinda bummed about the stuff I've found at sehome park. perhaps I'm just not finding the right boulders? anyhow any one in the area who likes to climb ( rock, mountains, alpine) send me a PM. It'd be great to meet other locals who climb. till then!

~cheers~

Austin

Edited by aussie69

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this might help:

LINK

there are some good circuits at sehome but don't get too hyped for anything that spectacular.

definetly wait at least 24 hours after it rains before pulling on the fragile chuckanut sandstone.

there is also bouldering at the bat caves, chuckanut state park, along the chuckanut, reiter road, nooksack falls area, as well as some zones in mt vernon.

Fairly new transplant to the area. love it, but kinda bummed about the stuff I've found at sehome park. perhaps I'm just not finding the right boulders? anyhow any one in the area who likes to climb ( rock, mountains, alpine) send me a PM. It'd be great to meet other locals who climb. till then!

~cheers~

Austin

Ride the Interurban Trail to Larabee State Park along Chuckanut Drive...enter the park, cross the tracks towards the water...stay left/south at low tide boulder a plenty...at high tide, cruise along the railroad tracks...Railroad Wall, a Fist crack to finger crack, the pink wall...walls along the water. The ride out and bouldering after a work day or school day will keep you in shape.