Voter Confidence

olyclimber

what is your confidence in the the voting process?

hacked voting machines, people getting excluded from voting based on challenges made with obvious political motives, etc...

is it all a bunch of conspiracy theory stupidity, or are there real problems that need to be fixed? have they been fixed since they were illuminated in the last couple of elections?

i await the experts of cc.com to weigh in with their wisdom

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The GOP, which has exhibited a near monopoly on dirty tricks at the polls during the last two Pres. elections in OH and FL (the only two places where such efforts pay off), will probably do it again this time.

This includes tactics like standing outside the polls and asking black voters if they've paid their rent yet, and informing them that they cannot vote until they've done so (FL), ditto for criminal records, illegally asking for proof of citizenship outside the polls, voting for dead people (FL), being in bed with proprietary voting machine manufacturers, and the newest of dirty tricks: the mysterious allocation of fewer voting machines (as few as 2 per poll, with only one working) in primarily black districts that historically vote 90% democrat.

From my own experience, I had a GOP poll watcher illegally harrass a hispanic voter I'd driven to the polls (yes, this is perfectly legal) for proof of citizenship. Fortunately, an ACLU poll watcher was standing by. They exchanged a few words, and the GOP slimeball, a real greasy motherfucker, dissappeared right quick, as cockroaches usually do when the light's turned on.

The Dems don't seem to participate in these shitbag tactics, but, then again, the GOP is the party of racism.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

The key to winning this or any election is to get infrequent voters out to vote. Voting fraud will happen again, so it must be overwhelmed.

Yes, Washington will vote for Obama, but we still have to flush that pocket-liner Rossi down the toilette, so if you give a shit, call up the Dems or Moveon.org (who does a better job) and hit the pavement and harrass infrequence voters (defined as registered voters who've voted at least once but not every time in the past 4 elections) to get off their lazy asses and get to the polls. This kind of work sucks, cuz infrequent voters don't want you at their door step, but too fuckin' bad. These lazy assholes need to perform at least one simple civic duty. This is much more important than "swaying the center" or any other kind of election voodoo-of-the-week.

Just think of all those Christian cunts out there trying to force your teenage daughters to become human incubators. Think of drilling rigs up and down our coasts so gas prices will go down, what? 10 cents? Strip mining for coal. Our glaciers gone. A 1/2 trillion dollar military budget. All your calls and emails wiretapped. Fat rich fucks using their elected office to line their pockets. Grotesquely living beyond our means at the expense of the next generation. Ignorance glorified. One million people in prison for non-violent drug related offenses at our expense. The police state we've become. I.e., the GOP agenda.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I agree that Tvash is being abrasive for no reason other than that he thinks it is clever, KK, but you frequently indulge in the same. Try responding to his point rather than taking the bait and riding yet another thread into the toilet. Regardless of "who started it," you still end up in the sewer.

From my own experience, I had a GOP poll watcher illegally harrass a hispanic voter I'd driven to the polls (yes, this is perfectly legal) for proof of citizenship. Fortunately, an ACLU poll watcher was standing by. They exchanged a few words, and the GOP slimeball, a real greasy motherfucker, dissappeared right quick, as cockroaches usually do when the light's turned on.

ACLU? Where were the real libertarians protecting our liberties? Oh yeah, providing denials or justifications for disenfranchisement. :rolleyes:

ACLU? Where were the real libertarians protecting our liberties? Oh yeah, providing denials or justifications for disenfranchisement. :rolleyes:

IMO there aren't any real libertarians that post here

I agree that Tvash is being abrasive for no reason other than that he thinks it is clever, KK, but you frequently indulge in the same. Try responding to his point rather than taking the bait and riding yet another thread into the toilet. Regardless of "who started it," you still end up in the sewer.

No actually, no thanks, I think I just will not participate. I have no desire to interact with complete assholes, whether here or in real life. Think about that, as a moderator of this site. You warned the guy; it has no effect. Yeah, yeah, I know you'll all start off with your "drama queen" flames, "FW" this and that. But really, people like TTK and GGK, who spew nothing *but* hatred and venom, who don't seem to like anyone really, have just gotten tiresome. And the prospect of meeting them in "real life" through cc.com events is even less appealing.

And think of the world we can create if Obama wins.

Forcing Christian children to go to Montessori schools, where they'll be forced to read "Heather has Two Mommies" and learn how to apply condoms in kindergarden.

Requiring everyone to shop at PCC and pay triple what they pay now for fair trade millet and wegan whey powder.

Making use of plastic grocery bags a felony.

Annexing whole suburban neighborhoods for reclamation back into wetlands with no compensation whatsoever.

Taxing working families to buy heroin and needles for addicts.

Banning all 2 stroke motors.

Retroactive prison terms for Hummer owners.

Requiring all churches to marry man/boy couples.

And this is just the beginning....

No actually, no thanks, I think I just will not participate. I have no desire to interact with complete assholes, ..

Get over yourself, KK. You have been no less of an ass. Or not much less. Really.

"You guys" ebb and flow with respect who is being the bigger jerk one day or the next, but the fact is you clearly have shown you like rolling in dog pooh.

Tvash has gone out and actually put some work into trying to make our voting process better. What about you? Post belligerent stuff on a climber's website and suggest that people who don't like America should leave?

No actually, no thanks, I think I just will not participate. I have no desire to interact with complete assholes, ..

Get over yourself, KK. You have been no less of an ass. Or not much less. Really.

"You guys" ebb and flow with respect who is being the bigger jerk one day or the next, but the fact is you clearly have shown you like rolling in dog pooh.

Tvash has gone out and actually put some work into trying to make our voting process better. What about you? Post belligerent stuff on a climber's website and suggest that people who don't like America should leave?

Enjoy your pigsty - and your pig friend. I'm done.