BEWARE OF BEARS

olyclimber

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had some bear excitement at the Squamish RV park last weekend. A 5 or 6 yr old black bear tried to claw into the window of a guy's RV just a few sites down from ours. Then it came back and climbed in the bed of his pickup truck(after his fishing tackle).

Later, the campground owner tried chasing it through the campground with his truck--at one point, it came running toward us so we had to beat feet and hide in the bathroom. :o

When it came back AGAIN, and took a swipe at his dog and ate the dog's dinner he had just set out, he shot it with a shotgun.

Two nights later, I was sure another one was trailing me during a run in the woods nearby. (Either that, or we were both running the same way just coincidentally. :whistle: )

That player is obviously a receiver.

He's a wide receiver now.

Badumpbump.

I love some of these "bear attack" stories.

"I saw a bear swimming towards us real fast. He growled. He was intent on attack, but then he ran really fast downriver."

In other words, you just saw a bear. OK.

Reminds me of the "aggressive bear" reports that were coming from the Minnesotans at Holden. :rolleyes:

We had some bear excitement at the Squamish RV park last weekend. A 5 or 6 yr old black bear tried to claw into the window of a guy's RV just a few sites down from ours. Then it came back and climbed in the bed of his pickup truck(after his fishing tackle).

Later, the campground owner tried chasing it through the campground with his truck--at one point, it came running toward us so we had to beat feet and hide in the bathroom. :o

When it came back AGAIN, and took a swipe at his dog and ate the dog's dinner he had just set out, he shot it with a shotgun.

Two nights later, I was sure another one was trailing me during a run in the woods nearby. (Either that, or we were both running the same way just coincidentally. :whistle: )

SOunds like another dumb cracker with no bear sense and a gun. What an asshole.

I.e. the bear went after my smelly fishing tackle which I left out in bear country, then ate the dog food I put out even thought there was a bear there already, so I shot it.

Hopefully, he'll gently tuck the barrel under his chin next time.

If the bear came once, he'll come again. He, being the owner, had liability if someone got hurt on his premises. I would have shot the thing too. I had bears cross my property all the time when the Chums were running. Never had to shoot one as there was nothing for them to get into on my property.

Its a while different ballgame in a campground area. Especially RV with little kids running around and such.

If the bear came once, he'll come again. He, being the owner, had liability if someone got hurt on his premises. I would have shot the thing too. I had bears cross my property all the time when the Chums were running. Never had to shoot one as there was nothing for them to get into on my property.

Its a while different ballgame in a campground area. Especially RV with little kids running around and such.

Typically, you don't know shit about bears or bear management. Furthermore, you can't even follow the basic facts of a short posting

Bears come into campgrounds all the time (the incident happened in an RV park, not on private property dumbshit). If California parks managed bears per your moronic suggestion, you wouldn't be able to park for all the bear carcasses.

The key is not bear management, but people management. Proper storage of food is key, and this fucking numbnuts flagrantly ignored that golden rule.

Millions of RVs and kids visit Yosemite, the highest concentration of campground bears in the country, every year, and no bears get shot.

Why don't you STFU for an hour or so, sit in a quiet room somewhere, and think about how why you get off on publically displaying your obvious stupidity?

Edited by tvashtarkatena

SOunds like another dumb cracker with no bear sense and a gun. What an asshole.

I.e. the bear went after my smelly fishing tackle which I left out in bear country, then ate the dog food I put out even thought there was a bear there already, so I shot it.

Hopefully, he'll gently tuck the barrel under his chin next time.

We met the guy later and got the same impression. We got the sense that he was out to prove something by shooting the bear especially after he admitted (to us, not the cops) that he was waiting for it with the gun. The campground owner was pissed about the gunfire and the RCMP were considering filing charges, even though the conservation ranger said he was not in trouble for killing it. It was a weird night. :crazy: