Sofa Table

tvashtarkatena

I just finished making a really cool sofa table with an orange cast artglass tabletop. I'm gonna put a cobalt blue vase on the center of it and illuminate it with a spotlight from below.

In other words, I care even less than normal what you fuckers or Junk Yard God think right now, cuz I've got a really cool sofa table and you've got some piece of shit from IKEA.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My Powershot 800 took a 200 foot header onto some rock. It's not lookin' so good right now. I've got an 870 on order from B&H of Brooklyn; 8 MP over 7.1, 3" LCD rather than 2.5, otherwise the same camera. Plus, I don't have my cobalt blue vase through which to transmit a beam of light pointed heavenward much like The Luxor in Vegas.

Right now I have an iron sculpture I did a while back centered, illuminated by a single votive without a holder. I may keep that. The orange light fucks up most colors, and probably will cobalt blue too.

I'm also experimenting with a bolivian throw; actually a 100 year old red and black striped poncho, for the leather couch. The mule deer antlers, lifted from Zion NP, is already perched above the window behind the couch.

I also have to fabricate two 3 to 4' high plant holders, which will actually hold lamps, probably out of distressed iron of some kind. I'll have to find really old, rusty pipe somewhere. Cafe table bases and table top brackets will complete the installation.

Finally, I need to repair a floor lamp and refinish the top of an old end table I just freed from Goodwill.

By then the camera will be here and I'll do a video fly through...of the living room only. The dungeon goes on closed circuit only.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

This would be cool too:

SF bay area > Pink Upholstered Vagina Couch

Originally Posted: Tue, 15 Jan 11:46 PST

Pink Upholstered Vagina Couch

-------------------------------

Date: 2008-01-15, 11:46AM PST

For Sale - beautiful pink "vagina couch" that I made in art school and no longer have space for. The couch is large: measures 5' 3" long, 3' 3" wide at the middle, and stands 2' 3" tall (and is heavy like a couch). The pics are from my portfolio and are several years old; as a result, the couch has some scuffmarks and stains around the bottom from being moved, but otherwise is in excellent shape. A professional upholsterer helped me build the couch, so it is also functional and durable as a piece of furniture. The couch must be picked up in Mendocino, a 3-hour drive north of SF. I am asking for $600 and a loving home! Call Willow at [deleted] or reply to posting.

540076210.1.jpg

540076210.2.jpg

540076210.3.jpg