Cops

AlpineMonkey

After yesterday I have a lower view of cops. Was driving back from climbing in Leavenwort. We were going to switch drivers so my partner pulls over on a side street off of Hwy2 and does a quick U turn and jumps out of the car, where we switch drivers. I get in the drivers seet, turn on the car and with in 1 second see flashing lights behind me. WTF. The guy comes over, tells us we look suspicious and then starts haggling us. Wouldn't you know it, I accidently left my wallet in our other car (because we were car pooling to L-worth) and he asks to see my Id. I tell him my story, but haven't driven yet so there is no way I can get a ticket for not having my licence yet. He asks my name, I tell him and the f-er responds...."Why did you voice drown out when you were telling me your name?" "Are you lying to me?" "Are you a suspended driver?" "Why don't you take a step out of the car?"...Dude, all we were doing was switching drivers god damnit. Then I think he was trying to imidate me by asking me those questions again, telling me "when people usually don't show me id, they are usually lying to me..."

So in the end we get a "Verbal Parking Violation Warning" all because we were just trying to switch drivers on a side street. A big ordeal and delay, when we were tired and just wanted to get home from climbing...

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bummer. I've run into some cool cops, though. One time, I was pulled over for doing 90 in a 70 in Idaho, at 2 AM on an empty, straight highway. Cop told me that he was just after drunk drivers, and that writing a speeding ticket would be too much trouble since his shift ended soon, and to "try and slow down, cause there are drunks out there." He waved as I drove off. Pretty cool.

was this in ltown or cashmere?

just so everyone knows, cashmere holds the state police training center. and geuss what they do for training, pull people over for no reason. woo-hoo what fun. my wife got pulled over 3 times in 2 weeks for no reason and received no tickets. at least your not mexican or you would have been really harrassed.

That's a bummer Craig. But Sol's got the beta on the WSP training center. Whenever I drive between WetSnatchee and 11worth, my butthole gets so tight I could shit a diamond. I've been pulled over several times on that stretch of road, but nary a ticket. yet...

I always go on the lookout and settle my driving down whenever I see those blue "State Police" signs on the highway.

We were going to switch drivers so my partner pulls over on a side street off of Hwy2 and does a quick U turn and jumps out of the car, where we switch drivers. I get in the drivers seet, turn on the car and with in 1 second see flashing lights behind me.

I tell him my story, but haven't driven yet so there is no way I can get a ticket for not having my licence yet.

I believe the law is that if you're behind the wheel of a running automobile on a public road, you're driving.

And you had no license.

Think about it from his point-of-view.

raise yer hand if you've been pulled over near l-worth!

up!

i actually got out of my ticket, since i'd already gotten one 2 hours earlier :)

john frieh got the big shaft though!

Yeah... I got a 10 over in lworth once.

By personal best (worst?) was the trifecta: 1 in twisp, 1 in wenatchee and 1 somewhere in between the two... all in 12 hours.

Nice ones John

It wasent about not having my licence, I explaned to him that I accidently left it at work. He didn't care, he told me I could drive but if I did and did get pulled over I "could" get a ticket. The whole thing that made me mad is that we just pulled over to switch drivers on a side street and then get pulled over. If your partner was falling asleep and dosing off at the wheel and you were fine, would you be like, sorry man, I can't drive I forgot my wallet? Anyways, that was a minor side detail to the story. The story was of getting pulled over for doing nothing, in my opinion.

Last month a friend and I were headed out to a wedding in Pendleton(he was a groomsman) and he missed the turn by a few miles, turned around and hauled ass back because he was 45 minutes late for photos. In that 3 or 4 miles, a tribal cop set up a speed trap and nailed him at 101 mph! After telling the cop we were late for a wedding he was in, the cop made some calls and let him go with a misdemeanor reckless driving and a 1003$ ticket (usually the car is impounded and you go to jail). Fast forward a month. He shows up on the court date only to find that the cop failed to file the speeding ticket in the limited time (21 days i think) so there was no charge (hard to prosecute a wreckless driving without a ticket. We assume that the cop felt bad for him being late.

It also probably helped that the county judge who would have heard the trial was the bride's dad...

up!

i actually got out of my ticket, since i'd already gotten one 2 hours earlier :)

By personal best (worst?) was the trifecta: 1 in twisp, 1 in wenatchee and 1 somewhere in between the two... all in 12 hours.

umm... yeah, John. I've seen you driving during the wee hours in route to local coffee shop. Not pretty. Just sayin' ;)

up!

umm... yeah, John. I've seen you driving during the wee hours in route to local coffee shop. Not pretty. Just sayin' ;)

Considering how often you make the "walk of shame" about that time of the morning it doesnt surprise me you've seen me driving crazy before I've had my first cup of coffee :grlaf: :grlaf: :grlaf:;)

Duh, I know scott. Check out this cool, forward-thinking, common sense approach post from me yesterday on this very same thread!

That's a bummer Craig. But Sol's got the beta on the WSP training center. Whenever I drive between WetSnatchee and 11worth, my butthole gets so tight I could shit a diamond. I've been pulled over several times on that stretch of road, but nary a ticket. yet...

I always go on the lookout and settle my driving down whenever I see those blue "State Police" signs on the highway.

empahasis added