Finally. God Defined.

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this talk about God... What about the Devil? You guys believe in the Devil, right? Demons? Imps? Succubi? Evil spirits? Hell? There is another side to all this creation, perfection, and love, correct?

I covered the Debbil already by combining him with that God guy when I started this thread. Who needs two supreme beings when one maniac does nicely?

I really think that God has a plan for your life and if you just trust in him, you will realize it. I am praying for you brother.

Do you and your war mongering buddies chant this mantra when you're gunning down innocent Iraqi women and children too? Or do they even give the typing pool staff guns anymore?

did you read any of my posts? or do you automatically disregard it since it is from a christian view?

The carnage of the Iraq war is NOT, I repeat NOT a christian thing. It is a political thing. A wrongly held political belief that somehow this war is helping our country. It is not being perpetraded by followers of Christ. Maybe people who claim to be doing Gods will, but are not!

Read my above post and tell me if you still think that someone following Jesus words would be mowing down innocent people. If so, and they are "treating others like they want to be treated" then they have issues.

We all have free will. We choose to live peacefull or not. They choose not. I choose to follow Christ.

And I'm simply stating that you're a typical Christian moron who cannot grasp the beliefs of others, so you negate them.

Brain teaser time!!!

How would you negate non-belief?

Non-belief in one thing does not preclude strong belief in something else. Additionally, excepting that some things are either not known or unknowable, a condition that comes along with a universe that is not completely observable, also doesn't constitute a 'lack of beliefs'.

Like many atheists, I think about God a lot. Why do so many people buy this story about a Great Big Fuzzy Kitty Way Up In The Sky Who Loves You? Given the fucked up nature of the world and humanity, certainly most people are wrong about most things most of the time, so the popularity of an idea speaks little to its validity. Still, there remains an inherent human need to believe in something greater than us, to explain the as yet unexplained or seemingly unexplainable, and to provide a gateway to the eternal for our lot, damned as we are to such a short corporal existence. What's a theosopher to do? How does one reconcile a fucked up universe with a supposedly perfect God? Human free will? That explains asteroid impacts? I think not.

Well, I've come up with a theosophy that reconciles these two ideas, but current Christian thought needs to give up just one little assumption to accomodate it, and that is the idea of divine perfection.

Not only is God not perfect, he's a complete fuck up. A reject. A flunky. Last in his class. The McCain of Gods, if you will.

And because our God was a reject, he was given a fucked up, junk yard universe to rule. Since then, God has been building us up just so that he can knock us down. He's a cruel, sick sumbich whose convinced his followers that they can beat cancer just so he can watch it metastizise, or believe that the world was there's for the taking, just so he could watch them hord and shit all over it, then kill each other for the leftovers.

This is not a God you'd want to pray to, anymore than you'd want to pray to the wet brained psycho screaming on the corner of 1st and Yesler. Those who know what's good for them will not attempt to make eye contact with this Fellow, nevermind ask Him for something. In essense, God and Satan are actually the same Jerk.

The Greeks and Romans came closest to this Truth with their myths of jealous, petty, shitty little gods who continually fucked with humans, both figurately and literally. Even the Jews, with their asshole, I'll-kill-your-whole-lineage-if-you-don't-whack-your-favorite-goat God was pretty close...then Jesus came along and put everybody on the wrong track...on purpose, of course.

I hope that my new theosophy brings comfort to those who may have previously been unable to reconcile a perfect, divine diety with a pre-fucked, dive reality.

Those who do find comfort in this somewhat harsher but far more believable Truth may send tax evadable donations my way so that I may spread this comfort further to those who still suffer from too much smoke being blown up their asses.

Thank you. I wish I could say God Bless, but that's just not what He's really into.

Nice......now you want to go ride bikes?

As an atheist, I'm basically Satan. Is Satan a righty or a lefty?

You are "basically" overly self absorbed. Which resembles one of Satan's attributes but does not make you Satan.

Try harder.

Satan manifested himself in the Bible as a serpent, and serpents do not have notable breasts, therefore that would be a strike against his assertion

Edited by ericb